Bird is the word.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Before you read this post. You must watch this video in it's entirety. Sorry, but this guy is a nut. I wish I knew him. Justin( yankee2bbq yankee2bbq ) is that your father?

Well after working the weekend again. The wife and I were hungry for some Q. My new neighbors gave me some inspiration for this cook.

DSC02909.JPG

...and the beer pole was up to the task:
DSC02905.JPG

Time to wing it again:
DSC02910.JPG

After about 15 minutes
DSC02914.JPG

At the 30 minute mark:
DSC02917.JPG

And they're done around 45 minutes:
DSC02922.JPG

Finally tossed in a Franks-n-Butter sauce. Ummm Ummm good.

DSC02928.JPG

I really like thighs, legs, breasts, but there is something about wings. Anyway thanks for taking a peek at this simple cook.

Chris

Damn dude !! Those look fantastic bud . Shows your knowledge around that kettle .
Love the song , LOL .
Did a remodel years ago , and a guy found a dead bird above the ceiling . That thing was liked it just came from the Taxidermy , it had been there so long it was completely died out , but intact .
Someone would yell " Bird is the word " which meant it was somewhere .
In your tool bags , the dust collection bag on the miter saw . Someones lunch box , the crapper , a tool box , you name it . In your freakin hard hat ,,, Geez .
Seeing the video made me laugh and brought back some memories .
Thanks .

Oh man! That is funny! It’ll be going through my head every time I do wings now! Great wings, look perfect and crispy!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice Looking Wings, you got there, Chris!!
Like.
However when I saw the Title, I had to come & see who here is old enough to remember that Song, if you want to call it that. LOL

Bear

Franks is about he only way we make them here too. Love wings.

Yours look great!

You should invite some of your new friends over for dinner Chris! I made it thru about ten seconds of that song, never liked it. RAY

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
Your wings look great Chris but somehow I'll never view chicken the same after seeing that video. As with Ray, I'm not a fan of the song but that guy is a lunatic!!

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
That looks great Chris. Nice work. I like Frank’s and butter too. Points.
Thanks Edge and for the like, Frank-n-Butter is the bomb. I was gonna dip some in a teriyaki sauce, but the Franks just looked so good.
🤣🤣🤣 I haven't heard that in quite awhile. The wings look great and thanks for the memories, Chris...
Appreciate it and for the like Charles. It's always good to take a trip down memory lane.

Look fantastic. I’d take a half dozen. Every time I hear that song now though, I picture Peter Griffin.
Thank you kindly Bigfurmn and for the like. Yup it's included in a few episodes.

Chris

That vid is pretty crazy.:emoji_laughing:
Your wings look excellent Chris !
Crazy yeah, you got that right winter. Appreciate the like and kindly words also.
Damn dude !! Those look fantastic bud . Shows your knowledge around that kettle .
Love the song , LOL .
Did a remodel years ago , and a guy found a dead bird above the ceiling . That thing was liked it just came from the Taxidermy , it had been there so long it was completely died out , but intact .
Someone would yell " Bird is the word " which meant it was somewhere .
In your tool bags , the dust collection bag on the miter saw . Someones lunch box , the crapper , a tool box , you name it . In your freakin hard hat ,,, Geez .
Seeing the video made me laugh and brought back some memories .
Thanks .
Appreciate it Rich and for the like. Those sound like some good memories. I have a few from my hockey playing days, but they didn't include a bird. Well at least not a physical bird anyway.
No comment.

Ha Ha Justin. Thanks for the comment and like - appreciate them.

Chris

Oh man! That is funny! It’ll be going through my head every time I do wings now! Great wings, look perfect and crispy!
LOL Jed, Kind of the same way Tip Toe thru the Tulips goes thru my head. When the wife makes me check out her garden. Appreciate the like and nice words also.
Nice Looking Wings, you got there, Chris!!
Like.
However when I saw the Title, I had to come & see who here is old enough to remember that Song, if you want to call it that. LOL

Bear
Appreciate it John and for the like. The song came out when I was three. I heard it a few times on the radio when I was in early teens. Then it disappeared until Family Guy brought it back to life.
Franks is about he only way we make them here too. Love wings.

Yours look great!
Franks is the best way, but I will mix in a few Teriyaki wings once in a while. Thanks sandyut for the like and kind words.

Chris

Reactions: bauchjw
You should invite some of your new friends over for dinner Chris! I made it thru about ten seconds of that song, never liked it. RAY
LOL thanks Ray and for the like. I get a good chuckle from the song, and the Guy dancing is nuts. It's sort of a classic like the Curly Shuffle.

Wing a ding ding
Wing a ding dang dong
I LIKEY.
Appreciate it Sam and for the like. My neighbors are gonna think I'm a ding dang dong when I do the Chicken dance around the beer pole next time I make wings.
Love wings on the kettle with the vortex! Yours look great.
Jim
Thank you very much Jim and for the like. They tasted great.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky