Beef seasoning for spaghetti

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

I' am gonna make some spaghetti. I usually just brown some sausage but I got a lb of ground beef. I was gonna make the beef onion rings wrapped in bacon with my spatched chicken but i forgot the bacon when i got everything at the store and I had to run to my car and dig up .61 cents cause my bank account was at 0 lol.

I just need some suggestions for seasoning the beef. I' am just gonna use a jar or prego sauce and leave the sauce meat and noodles sperate for a cheap easy meal I can take to work and throw in the nuker. I probably got most of your average spices like cumin and stuff.

Reactions: JLeonard
I've seasoned fried spaghetti up with Tony C's Creole, cheddar and butter.

Chris

Reactions: negolien
We do ground beef with Prego all the time. We'll sometimes add a bit more garlic or Italian seasoning but I think it tastes fine. I add crushed red pepper also to all red sauced foods.

If it were me, i'd saute some onions and garlic, add.in the sauce and season with some italian seasoning and crushed red peppers.

No browning the meat? I don't have whole garlic I got the garlic salt though. I was thinking spg and some cumin browned with some onions. I am not a fan of putting in sauce as I like to portion my own meat to sauce ratio lol. I just got the normal cabinet powder spices and a red and a yellow onion and the sauce

Yea, forgot about the meat, add it in when onions are tender, drain the fat. If you use garlic powder/salt add after you drain and cook a little more. Add any spices you like after you drain fat.

so yum lol more meat than sauce but ...
sp1.jpg
sp2.jpg

looks like you sailed already, but my wife starts with shallots and crushed garlic then she adds some red wine and then fresh chopped Italian herbs.... then the sausage (or sausage meat balls) and she uses crushed tomato's and some paste to thicken it.

• Haha
I gotta go simple since I am usually hammered. I usually just brown the meat with some spices and keep the meat and the canned sauce seperate then add to whatever noodles I am using. I went with nefarious recipe but tweaked for lazy drunk people lol. I browned the meat in three batches then set aside and drained. i cooked some sweet yellow onions and added some fresh garlic at the end. I threw it all together in a med hot pan to meld a bit then put in a bowl and cooked the noodles. I put the prego sauce in the luke warm meat, onions and garlic and mixed it . I kept the noodles sperate till I made the meal. I will use this as lunches for fri sat and sunday, with the sauce/meat and noodles in a separate bowl the whole time till I cook the meal.

Reactions: Nodak21
My meat sauce always gets some diced garlic, some sort of onion, and some beef soup base(Better Than Bouillon, or Tones). Then there will also be Lawry's(or Morton's), Tony C's, or La Preferida Sazon.

• Love
Glad I got two walking patrol shifts a week this month LOL. I gained about 15 lbs this last year sitting in my car all week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky