Smoked Rib Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wowza! That looks great!
Thanks!

Another great cook Jeff and looks mighty fancy to me ! I'll take a slice or 3 please 🙏

Keith
Thanks Keith! Still plenty left

I’ve yet to smoke a rib roast but those pics just moved that cut of meat to the top of my list! Looks great!
Thanks, I think you'll be glad you did

Well Jeff if that is the best you can do with an old freezer find.......... needle scratch across the record...........

You know that is a fantastic looking piece of meat right there. ( picture worth a thousand words )
More then fancy enough for me . little mashed spuds and gravy, I would be off to dream land.

Very nice Jeff

David
Thanks David. Didn't have anything on hand for mash so went with a simple salad and green beans.

I swear I gain weight just looking at the pictures on this forum....yum!
I hear you! I've been doing intermittent fasting and most days don't eat until between 2-3. Looking through the forum in the morning is hazardous lol

Looks great from here, I have a small 1 we bought at Christmas think 5-6lbs, hope it comes out looking as good of yours.
Thanks Mike. This one was probably 5 or less.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Found a few years old rib roast in the freezer when organizing a few days ago. I bought them at $4.99 a lbs and remember vacuum packing quite a few. It's cold and windy out so just put it in th Smokin Tex. I injected it with a mix of extra strong Minors beef broth with some Worcestershire and just a touch of liquid smoke. I know heresy lol but it sure enhances the smoke flavor deeper in the meat. Again being lazy I just hit it with some Montreal Steak seasoning and a little powdered horseradish. Ran the smoker at its max of 250F with a few small chunks of mesquite. Pulled at 140F, was going to reverse sear but I thought the bark looked good as is. Nothing fancy as I said but pretty dang tasty for a freezer find 😂View attachment 692190 View attachment 692191
I excavated one to do on Easter. hope it looks that good. I usually do them on the rotisserie but wan to try the wsm this time.

Reactions: jcam222
I hear you! I've been doing intermittent fasting and most days don't eat until between 2-3. Looking through the forum in the morning is hazardous lol

I guess in a way I am doing intermittent fasting. I typically eat one meal a day. I will have the occasional snack, and coffee in the morning which probably breaks the fast. But I don't eat until around 6pm every day. Cheat on the weekends and occasionally have lunch and breakfast.

I excavated one to do on Easter. hope it looks that good. I usually do them on the rotisserie but wan to try the wsm this time.
Thanks!, I want to get a rotisserie to try at some PO mt.

I guess in a way I am doing intermittent fasting. I typically eat one meal a day. I will have the occasional snack, and coffee in the morning which probably breaks the fast. But I don't eat until around 6pm every day. Cheat on the weekends and occasionally have lunch and breakfast.
It's working well for me so far

Looks absolutely gorgeous Jeff, nice work! Always nice to find something in the freezer that came at a great price. RAY

Publix has them on sale for $9.99 lb this week so I'll be in line and hopefully it'll turn out like yours!

Keith

Looks absolutely gorgeous Jeff, nice work! Always nice to find something in the freezer that came at a great price. RAY
Thanks Ray. Yep love a good find

Nice freezer find Jeff. Looks scrumptious except for the liquid smoke, just can't get past it.
Thanks. I know some folks don't like it. I use it very sparingly in some broths and marinades.

I mean I wouldn’t eat that crap!
Haha kidding that looks amazing
haha thanks!

Publix has them on sale for $9.99 lb this week so I'll be in line and hopefully it'll turn out like yours!

Keith
I have one more nice big one the. Will be on the lookout for a deal

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky