Bday Party Smoke....Need Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vandman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
San Antonio, TEXAS
OK,

I am planning on a nice smoke for a bday party next weekend. I need some general help/tips:
  1. Will be serving about 25 - 30 ppl, with that said I am planning on a 10lb brisket, 8lb butt and some chicken drumsticks with sides. Is this going to be enough food? Beer will also be consumed!
  2. Party is at 6pm and was planning on eating around 7pm, what time should i start the UDS?
  3. Any tips on the brisket? Use a foil pan?.....?
Thanks,

We did a pooled pork (<-----get it, pooled) party a couple weeks ago with probably 50-60 including lots of kids. We did three 7-8 pound butts, three fatties and a chub of bologna and ended up not even pulling the third butt.

Had a ton of sides too and there was some drinking going on but we had plenty o' food.

Your right around 1/2 lb. of meat per person. I would make another big brisket. If left over send home with some folks. Nobody turns down "Q". IMO. Forgot we are larger than the norm. Maybe back down to a 5 lb. brisket.

For 30 people, you'll need about 20 lbs of brisket, 20 lbs of pork and as many wings as you think (snacks)
I would advise you to cook the day before or do a fast, hot dook the morning of.
This will give everybody a 1/3 lb serving....with sides should be plenty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky