Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wnctracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Western North Carolina
My regulator wasn’t working correctly on my gas smoker. When I tried to disassemble it to take a look, I accidentally broke the needle valve too. I use a camp chef smoke vault, 24 inch smoker and I have 25 pounds of kielbasa and 5 pounds of bacon.Needing smoked. What specs do I need so I can replace what I currently have and hopefully get this stuff smoked ASAP.

Reactions: JLeonard
Take the regulator to a hardware store or farm supply and match it to a replacement. That might be your fastest option. Depending on if you locally purchased the cooker. They might stock parts. Good luck.
Life’s all about who you know, and today I knew the right guy. Asked my neighbor who’s a plumber and he suggested a place to check. I went there and no needle valve to keep temps low enough but on my way home my neighbor called and he’d phone a favor from his buddy who does gas work and had me the needle valve and regulator in the driveway. I’m smokin some deer bacon as I type this.

Like you said, sometimes it's not what you know but WHO!

Glad it's working for you.

Now, being the safety geek I am, I'll say this, keep an eye on it for a while just to make sure. We'd hate for you to post pics of extra crispy venison!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky