bacon wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jake41

Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Chenango Forks,New York
Hey all. I am sorry for not joining in talks,however,its been busy removing snow and ice in the great northeast. I have some fresh pork bellies ordered to make some of the " fruit of the Gods". ( that would be BACON as I see it). I am going for applewood. Is chips,chunks,or finer recommended. I am looking for a light smoke flovor.

Depends a lot on your smoke unit, what do you have?  Did you go to Roll Call yet and introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you?  Thank you so much for joining!  We look forward to helping in any way we can!  Also, please include your location in your profile too!  I'm originally from the northeast - way upstate NY, I know your situation, believe me!  

Osewgo NY, 2004

Wow,Oswego. I am in Binghamton. I will do the profile,as I thought I did. I have a bacon skillet picture there I thought. Anyway,I have a 20 lb electric smoker from sausagemaker.

Damn, I usually get a little excited about Q VIEW but that pic of snow is really something.  Anyway Jake, that sausagemaker unit is a nice smoker.  I would use small chunks so you aren't babysitting as you would with chips.  Are you cold smoking?

I havent seen snow like that since March 13th,1993 blizzard. 36.5 hours plowing in one shot with 2 day clean-up after. Rather eat some bacon next to the wood stove.

Boy, winter will not let go here and I am looking foward to warm weather. I have 11 lbs of pork bellies that have been brining for 4 days now and I hope to put them in the smoker in a couple days. They look nice soaking,will look better on my plate.I will post some pics when done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky