Homemade Mozzarella and Sunday morning Pizza for breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada

Put this under pizza , but maybe should be under Cheese because that was the main driver here.

So I have been wanting to make my own Mozza for quite some time and I remembered that SmokinAl SmokinAl said he made some , so I looked up his post. And I followed his and another I found . And this is what happened.
Back about a week ago , realized I needed Rennet and some citric acid, ordered it up , big blue truck dropped it off.
Could not find whole milk so the other recipe I had used 3 1/2 % homo.
So that is what I used.

DSC_9454.JPG DSC_9456.JPG DSC_9457.JPG

DSC_9458.JPG

First off can't believe it worked , but it did , Tasted good and was melty and pully lol

So last night said to myself , self , make some dough and have pizza tomorrow

Today, cut and cooked everything up ( I precook the bacon and lately the onions have been very bitter, so I fry first )
Pepperoni, my Maple back bacon, bacon, onions and cheese.

On the BBQ on my stone

DSC_9459.JPG DSC_9460.JPG DSC_9461.JPG

DSC_9462.JPG DSC_9463.JPG DSC_9464.JPG

DSC_9465.JPG DSC_9466.JPG

DSC_9469.JPG
DSC_9470.JPG

DSC_9471.JPG
DSC_9472.JPG

This was a great Sunday morning breakfast, had it all prepped and cooked before the rest of the house was even up, Time change and all

I had 3 pieces , could not help myself, or I guess I really did just help myself, lol

Great pizza and loved the fresh made Mozzarella Cheese

David

Attachments

• DSC_9468.JPG
    DSC_9468.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_9467.JPG
    DSC_9467.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 5
Nice work David . Yup great anytime , but that's a breakfast staple around here .
I was going down the same path last week until I found out about Rennet . Had everything else .
Trying to decide if I want to order some .

OMG id murder that for breakfast or any meal. I'll have to try making the mozzarella sometime.

Thanks Jeff for the love and the comment

Yes I have been wanting to make my own Mozza for over a year and it was on my list when i saw SmokinAl SmokinAl mentioned it.
Glad I tried it , it is not a money saver of coarse , because I am not making hundreds' of pounds at the same time. But It is mine , ha ha

Will try with whole milk next , i think will make better curds and a little more cheese per gallon because of the fat content , i think

As for the pizza , man it was tasty and nice to have the whole kitchen area and no noise that early in the day to myself.

When it was finished , they ( Mona and her mom ) said wow the house smells great.

I am happy

And full of good pizza lol

David

Put this under pizza , but maybe should be under Cheese because that was the main driver here.

So I have been wanting to make my own Mozza for quite some time and I remembered that SmokinAl SmokinAl said he made some , so I looked up his post. And I followed his and another I found . And this is what happened.
Back about a week ago , realized I needed Rennet and some citric acid, ordered it up , big blue truck dropped it off.
Could not find whole milk so the other recipe I had used 3 1/2 % homo.
So that is what I used.

View attachment 691129 View attachment 691130 View attachment 691131

View attachment 691132

First off can't believe it worked , but it did , Tasted good and was melty and pully lol

So last night said to myself , self , make some dough and have pizza tomorrow

Today, cut and cooked everything up ( I precook the bacon and lately the onions have been very bitter, so I fry first )
Pepperoni, my Maple back bacon, bacon, onions and cheese.

On the BBQ on my stone

View attachment 691133 View attachment 691134 View attachment 691135

View attachment 691136 View attachment 691137 View attachment 691138

View attachment 691139 View attachment 691140

View attachment 691143 View attachment 691144

View attachment 691145 View attachment 691146

This was a great Sunday morning breakfast, had it all prepped and cooked before the rest of the house was even up, Time change and all

I had 3 pieces , could not help myself, or I guess I really did just help myself, lol

Great pizza and loved the fresh made Mozzarella Cheese

David
great looking pie. wish i had the patience to make my own cheese.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice work David . Yup great anytime , but that's a breakfast staple around here .
I was going down the same path last week until I found out about Rennet . Had everything else .
Trying to decide if I want to order some .

Thanks Rich for the comment

Yes , I also love cold pizza from the night before , but hot and fresh off the Q was a nice treat for breakfast.

I like cheddar and Mozza and any melted kind of cheese and jalapeno Havarti, those kinds . And can see me trying others now .
As for the Rennet. I do not know much about it other than you can get animal or veg , i think the pill form ones I have are Veg. But was going to buy the liquid animal rennet, but the cost stopped me until I tried the pill form. It seems to work.
But willing to listen to what others say.

David

great looking pie. wish i had the patience to make my own cheese.

Thanks John for the comment

It was a great pizza and as for the Mozza it takes roughly 30 minutes, lots of U-tubes out there for it .

Check out SmokinAl SmokinAl 's post and I will post the recipe I used with AL's post to make mine
Give me 2 minutes to download the recipe from matt Taylor's site .

David

Nice David, We tried once to make fresh Mozz but it seems the milk we get around here is over pasteurized and it did not work out great.

That looks terrific David - nicely done sir! I'm gonna have to try pizza making...

Point for sure...
Red

Thanks Joel for the like and the comment

It was a great pizza, my own dough, back bacon , and now cheese.
So my own pepperoni will have to be made to go on the list for homemade pizza.

David

Reactions: seenred
I've got a connection to raw milk. I should give this a try. The pizza looks fantastic David.

Point for sure
Chris

I've got a connection to raw milk. I should give this a try. The pizza looks fantastic David.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Yes my family( hour away ) has dairy farm, but I am sure I can find closer, If not than it is a 5 hour road trip to the family farm.
Can't just drop in for milk. must stay and chat, eat cookies and have many cups of tea lol.
Not that that would not be fun , it is just a time thing.

It was a very good and hot of the Q pizza

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky