Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ifitsdeadsmokeit

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 9, 2010
Hollister Missouri
Bought some X-large shrimp (2 lbs) and thin cut bacon. I mixed up a sweet and spicy marinade. Peeled the shrimp and added it for about an hour. It used honey for the sweet. Cut the bacon into thirds and wrapped each shrimp individually. Little rub on the outside.

IMG_0569.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg

Onto the smoker after preheating. I cooked them on a cast iron skillet which was preheated to 400°. Added a little oil to prevent from sticking. Then cooked about 3 min per side. I had the diffuser removed this time. I think will try with in place to get a little better heat distribution next time. The sugar from the honey burned a little on a few of them in the hot spots but had to get the bacon done.
IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

They turned out pretty good. Shrimp was tender and not overcooked and bacon was cooked with a little crunch to it. Mixed up some shrimp sauce with extra hot horseradish. Also made up some oven roasted califlower and home cut fresh fries.
IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

Double fry the fresh cut fries. 3 min @ 250°, let cool and then 5 min more @ 350° or til crispy. Were great tasting, creamy inside and crunchy outside.

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg
IMG_0575.jpg

Plated...

IMG_0576.jpg

Oh man! Thats a great looking plate. But that shrimp would never make it the plating part....i'd be eating them right off the tray!

Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Very nice! I would rather enjoy that!

Thats also a nice range top as well!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky