60# Andouille...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great . Be watching for the smoke .
White pepper is a great ingredient in sausage .
I made the Poli version of Cajun Andouille . Comes out good .
Be interested in the brown sugar smoke .

Reactions: indaswamp
Be interested in the brown sugar smoke .
Hey Chop, Traditionally Andouille was smoked with either Hickory or Pecan...but mainly pecan (I am out right now so hickory it is), sometimes oak. But always with sugar cane stalks. The sugar sap gives a very sweet smoke that coats the links and gives the sausage a very distinctive flavor. But you can cheat using brown sugar.

This is one of the secrets the Andouille shops use....

Reactions: chopsaw and 73saint
done....
IMG_20200907_182602.jpg

pulled them, in an ice water bath for 10 minutes. will chill on ice overnight, then package tomorrow.

I stuffed it today, will hit the smokehouse tomorrow...gonna smoke it with little white oak, lots of hickory and about 2# of dark brown sugar. Stuffed in 35-38mm hog casings...
View attachment 461886
Family recipe from the restaurant, sorry I can not share it. Would love to though, but I can't.
What’s the name of your family’s restaurant?

Very generous, I'm am so glad you offered. I have been making a list of questions lol. My first will be when I'm ready to build my smoker. I feel I have grown past the electric smoker but I have to kinda get back to normal around here first lol.
One thing I will tell you is that larger smokehouses are more forgiving, and easier to dial in the low temps.; so I say go as big as budget and space will allow...and no less than 6.5ft. tall. You want the links 3-5' above the heat source if possible for best results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky