$100 what would you buy?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deltadude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 3, 2008
Sacramento Area
You just found $100 or was given $100 to spend on Smokin or Grillin gear.

1st what would you buy for yourself with $100?

2nd what would you buy for another smoker enthusiast as a gift?

For me it would be a Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned 10-Quart Deep Camp Dutch Oven with Iron Lid

For someone else it would probably be a Thermapen if they have other thermometers and if not a couple Maverick Thermometers

Yup, I'm with you on the thermapen as a gift.

For me, I'd basically use the money towards a good rib rack (I still dont have one I like), or sell my WSM 18.5" and upgrade to a 22.5"

For me it would be a Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned 10-Quart Deep Camp Dutch Oven with Iron Lid

For someone else it would probably be a Thermapen if they have other thermometers and if not a couple Maverick Thermometers

I would get an a-maze-ing smoker and some bacon hooks.  As for a friend I have a good friend who needs a smoker I would buy the part to build him a UDS.

For me, a couple of dampers, and a chimney for my cabinet build, and depending on how much I had left either some wood chunk I haven't tried, or another thermometer.

For someone else, if I couldn't find out what they might need, or not have, I would go with some combination of the following, a sampler of smoking woods, or rubs and sauces, a good thermometer, a gift card to Cabela's, lowels, home depot, or maybe their local meat market or grociery store.

1. Meat.

2. Meat. 

If you don't normally have Prime, get Prime. You can spend $100 pretty quick. 

It's essential "gear" to having a good BBQ/cookout/grilling session. 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Last edited:
the parts to finish a 55 gallon uds for my buddy (made him one from a smaller drum )

And with the money left I'd get him a brisket and beer so we could do a test run!

For me it would be a thermapen

For someone else I would get them Rytek's book if they were into sausage and some unique rubs and sauces from local vendors.

For both an A MAZE N SMOKER - Dust and some good quality vodka with the remaining $$

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky