Facebook $ucks But Marketplace Is The Best!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wait!?!?!? You just bought another MES?

Jim

I was thinking this was another one you bought also . I knew you were looking , but thought you had found one before this .

Get it setup with the controller , you'll be more than happy .
It just dawned on me that my wife did buy one for my son as a
Christmas present. Completely forgot about it because I am not using it.

Now I am going to have to upgrade two instead of just mine. Maybe I will practice on his first. . .LOL!

John

It just dawned on me that my wife did buy one for my son as a
Christmas present. Completely forgot about it because I am not using it.

Now I am going to have to upgrade two instead of just mine. Maybe I will practice on his first. . .LOL!

John
I dont know.... I was thinking you had bought one not too long ago off FB market place. Maybe you were looking for one. Or maybe i'm just talking out of my hat.

Jim

I dont know.... I was thinking you had bought one not too long ago off FB market place. Maybe you were looking for one. Or maybe i'm just talking out of my hat.

Jim
At the time I was trying to purchase one on Craig's List but couldn't find one locally. That is why I joined Facebook to use their Marketplace and it paid off big time.

So, How have you been?

John

Reactions: JLeonard
At the time I was trying to purchase one on Craig's List but couldn't find one locally. That is why I joined Facebook to use their Marketplace and it paid off big time.

So, How have you been?

John
Doing good. glad you got what you were looking for. Sounds like it will do best you are looking for.

Jim

tallbm tallbm

You are the greatest! Thanks so much for your expertise.

I ordered all of the connectors and shrink tubing so I should be good to go.

Once I get the controller bypassed I will try to replace the cheap connectors at the safety limit switch and element.with the hi-temp ones.
Since I have no idea where the cheap ones are in the smoker I might be contacting you again. . .LOL!

Thanks Pal,

John
Glad to help. We'll get you fixed up, and reach out anytime John :D

Must be the same one .

Yep, this is the same one I bought for $175 and had to drive 40 miles to pick it up.

I think what confused everyone was when I finally also found the Auber and Smoke Generator I listed everything I found on facebook Marketplace and what I found them for:

Masterbuilt MS30 (New) $150
Masterbuilt Slow Smoker Attachment (New) $50
Auber Instruments PID Model WS-1211H (As New) $100

I mistakenly listed the price for the MES as $150 instead of $175. Thus the confusion.

Sorry guys, I need to write things down,

John

Last edited:
For $350 you're gonna have a kick-ass electric smoker.
Thanks normanaj normanaj

My hopes exactly. . .If I don't screw things up!

There were several guys on here that said they tweaked their Auber to adjust it within 1˚ of accuracy.

That my friend is way above my pay grade. I'm lucky if I remember to plug it in.

John

You will ( have a kick-ass smoker )
You won't ( screw things up )

While the adjustment isn't really needed , it can be done . It's easy with some understanding of what does what .

There were several guys on here that said they tweaked their Auber to adjust it within 1˚ of accuracy
Like I said I have the same exact PID as you hooked up to a MES30 and the factory settings pretty much did that!

I did fiddle with the settings a little bit but in the end I really didn't need to,at least for my particular setup which pretty much mirrors yours.

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks normanaj normanaj

My hopes exactly. . .If I don't screw things up!

There were several guys on here that said they tweaked their Auber to adjust it within 1˚ of accuracy.

That my friend is way above my pay grade. I'm lucky if I remember to plug it in.

John
This page should help you with using your auber and making any P-I-D setting changes or even with just some of the normal functionality. Their manual was clearly written in a different language and then it was translated to English... or someone was drunk as hell when they wrote and assembled the documentation :D

Reactions: chopsaw
BC your little project here isn't helping me at all...... For what every reason, I want to build an electric smoker.....IE have a whole box of ceramic blanket and I'm getting dangerous building little PID ovens for my knife work.......

IE was considering a 400-watt u shaped element placed in each corner with a convection fan system and an integrated mailbox then controlled by a 4 probe PID.........dang you!

You will have a nice smoker when done!

• Love
Reactions: BandCollector
IE was considering a 400-watt u shaped element placed in each corner with a convection fan system

I agree , there's an attraction there for sure . I'm working on getting a new range , and just put a new bake element in the one I have . Started me thinking about keeping the element and building a smoker .

Also just put a 1500 watt in an old kettle . I need to do some testing with that .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky