What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired State Trooper. Handle is not from smoking (although it could be), but I hunt with muzzleloaders.
LOL---Reminds me of a few Buddies I used to work with.

They told me the story about one of their Muzzleloader Hunts:

The 4 of them were up at Saw Creek, Pike County, PA, and they had agreed to meet back at the trucks at Noon for lunch.

So they safely set their loaded muzzleloaders down, and proceeded to consume a few Sammies.

After a few minutes, all of a sudden 4 deer came running through the clearing.

They all scrambled to grab their weapons, and all 4 managed to get off a shot at the deer.

My Buddy who told me about it said it seemed like at least 3 minutes until the smoke cleared away good enough to see that there was no Brown Down. 

I never got into Muzzleloader---Only Rifle & Archery.

Welcome White Smoke!!
welcome1.gif

Bear

Worked in printing industry for 35+ years as a darkroom tech and graphics designer.
Now I'm a full time "dowhateveriwant" kinda guy specializing in goofing off, fishing, hunting and smoking beasts in no particular order.
Walt

By trade, a retired foundryman but spent the last 15 as the facilities super for a 1.5 million s.f. facility with 185 stores and 7,000 parking spots. Got out of manufacturing back in 1995 after the 2nd plant closing. Spend as much of my time as I am allowed in places like this cabin, usually back up a 2 track with no electric, running water, does have a wood stove & the best part is no people. Not that I'm not a people person but.............

I am retired now, working part time at a LED lighting manufacturing factory. Started out in 1966 as an apprentice boilermaker, but packed it in later, then on the floor at a steel mill for a month, then crane driver at the same mill for a year. Then I became a fingerprint officer for about two years, and then worked on a old telephone exchange for a few months where I got a job as an plant operator on a diamond mine in the same old town. Then I became an apprentice boilermaker for another three years until I realised the company never registered me to go to trade test. I left and found an apprentice job as an electronic technician on a coal mine. There I finished my time and moved on from mine to mine, then ended up at Grinaker Electronics company where I worked for 14 years. I was made redundant because of changes and I went to work for Intel in Ireland for 5 years. Intel started to make all but selected people redundant and I moved on to New Zealand where I cleaned floors and toilets at McDonald’s for 3 years. Then got the job at the lighting factory, now retired and smoking!

I'm a retired Police,Fire,EMT dispatcher who last worked at WF Card Services for several years after 23 years dispatching.

I restore sports and collector cars.  Been at it for forty-five years and I'm still learning .

My other hobby is straight razors which has caused me to become interested in blacksmithing.

I need more money, I need more time.

I worked for a company in Ferndale Michigan you might be interested in. New Vintage USA
specializes in after market dash board instrumentation. They have a nice line for many makes and models as far back as the 1940s with excellent custom design capabilities and do "one offs". They'll build a complete instrument cluster and dash insert to your specs with electronic or manual internal components.

Reactions: du jardin
I'm new at smoking but have embraced it by jumping in with both feet and wallet blazing. I've been a system's programmer and database analyst for 36 years at a large military base in North Alabama. We are losing our coal fired fossil fuels plants so fast it's scary. Nothing so far to replace them. I really think they could be made to be efficient but TVA seems to be against it.

I am a retired I. T. guy. Thirty-Six years programming and designing business applications on mainframe computers.
After retirement in 2004 I've had some various part time jobs, Home Depot, Handyman stuff etc. when I wasn't working I was traveling around the country on my Harley (about 18 months).
Had a sailboat, sold it. Sold both my Harley's.
I also worked as a photographer doing weddings, special events, portraits, etc. don't do that anymore either.
Most of my time now is spent fishing, traveling to fish and cooking. Mainly, for family and friends.

I am a retired I. T. guy. Thirty-Six years programming and designing business applications on mainframe computers.
After retirement in 2004 I've had some various part time jobs, Home Depot, Handyman stuff etc. when I wasn't working I was traveling around the country on my Harley (about 18 months).
Had a sailboat, sold it. Sold both my Harley's.
I also worked as a photographer doing weddings, special events, portraits, etc. don't do that anymore either.
Most of my time now is spent fishing, traveling to fish and cooking. Mainly, for family and friends.

Reactions: monymony
Pastor or lead servant for 29 years and really enjoy working with husband, fathers, brothers and friends who have lost the true definition of manhood. Watching them succeed in any and all areas brings real satisfaction. Booyah!

Former union sheet metal worker (Local 66) that recently moved into civil service repairing outer wings on the fearsome A-10 WARTHOG.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky