What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My "regular" job that pays the bills is as a managing consultant at a consulting firm. My "fun" job is flight instructing. I'm also a blacksmith and bladesmith.

-Jeff

Ten year running thread, who knew?

And yet I feel compelled to reply.....

I work for Costco, Tire Center Manager.

I've been asked many times when someone walks into the tire center, "what's that smell?".

I reply, "That's the smell of money".

Someday I'll be standing at the door with a clicker saying, "Welcome to Costco we love you"...movie reference.

They'll hall me out on a stretcher, that will be my retirement.;-)

Ten year running thread, who knew?
And yet I feel compelled to reply.....
I work for Costco, Tire Center Manager.
I've been asked many times when someone walks into the tire center, "what's that smell?".
I reply, "That's the smell of money".
Someday I'll be standing at the door with a clicker saying, "Welcome to Costco we love you"...movie reference.
They'll hall me out on a stretcher, that will be my retirement.;-)

and you are post number 2007 ... WINNER WINNER ...

After 18 years of working with Oklahoma's violent youthful offenders, I decided one day to quit my job and go back to school to start on a sports management degree. So, I became a stay at home dad and am working towards my dream.

Machine operator. I run mills and drills.
We manufacturer locomotive crankshafts for 4,000 to 6,000 hp engines and other large compressors and pumps.
Been here for 11 years

For the past 35 or so years I've been a journeyman tool & die maker. When I find the time, I plan to put some of that metal working experience to use in making a few mods to my Oklahoma Joe's RF. Specifically I have an idea that, if it turns out like I want it to, should make for a nice alternative for adding lid latches.

I have been printing t shirts for almost thirty years now. We do a lot for Leagues like Minor and Major League Baseball, the type of thing you'd find in a souvenir store or retail store. Of course we do work for other leagues and custom work as well. You can check out our work at bimmridder.com. I am VP and Production Manager

For the past 35 or so years I've been a journeyman tool & die maker. When I find the time, I plan to put some of that metal working experience to use in making a few mods to my Oklahoma Joe's RF. Specifically I have an idea that, if it turns out like I want it to, should make for a nice alternative for adding lid latches.
Nice. I wanted to add some extra to life a while ago, so I quit my job and just traveled. It helps a lot. 

I'm an instructor. I work for a company that makes large industrial inkjet printers for book, mail, and corrugated pre-print. When a print shop buys a new printer, I train their pressmen how to run it.

Previously I've been a software product manager, technical writer, video producer, soccer referee, motorcycle magazine editor, and F/A-18 mechanic (8 yrs USN).

Last edited:
Semi-retired as of this year, 

Self employed residential & commerical construction contractor for 30 years that does all of the work by myself as much as possible. I have refined my talents. 

Medium to high end remodels Kitchens and bathrooms. 

Inbetween being self employed I worked as a commerical site supperintendent, 15 years with about 1/2 of it traveling the greater midwest building national chain sit down restrauants.

I spend more on coffee in 4 months than I have spent on all smoking related items I have purchased. Including charcoal, wood,smoker and thermometer in the last year. I think I could cash in my beer cans and support this hobby or activity [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky