What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Retired,  Worked 27 Years at my Local Township.  Mostly Sanitation and Recycling Trucks.  Most Places my Username is "junkmansj"

I work in investment risk at a pension plan. Makes me feel good to be part of the money making investment process that supports so may public employee's retirement.

Last edited:
I am a retired computer person.  Mostly operations management over several data centers over 30 years.

I work at a chemical manufacturing plant not far from Death Valley. I've held many positions starting as a security officer/weigh master,

solid fuel handler (coke and coal), journeyman electrician, and currently a planner/scheduler for the I&E folks. Celebrated 30 years in April and my service gift was a smoker.  

Retired State Police Officer after 27 years then 8 years as a contractor for the government. Then my daughter had triplet boys so I've been retired for the past ten years babysitting, or "big boy sitting" as my grandsons say. :-)

I'm a University Professor/Biostatistician.  I teach the class that nobody wants to learn, but I try my best to make it a little more approachable.  Maybe my students would like me more if I showed up for class with some fresh smoked pulled pork!

i work for the county road dept i been doing this for ten years now i am really good at leaning on a shovel coffee breaks and lunch are my favorite times of the day well except quitting time which is my all time fav dont get me wrong i love hard work i can sit down right next to it and watch it all day long LOL

We have similar occupations! I work for the state Highway department. Somebody has to keep those shovels from falling over, right? LOL!

All joking aside, I plow snow in the winter, and pave and chip seal in the summer. Not a bad gig!

Don't get whistle bit!

Jason

I design and build houses. I specialize in super-high-eficincy homes. I was the first builder in central Indiana to become a "Certified Passive House Builder" through the Pasive House Institute, US. I built a home about 18 months ago that's about 6,000 square feet, 7 bedrooms, 5 baths, and heating & cooling combined for the entire year was $430.00.

My first house was 3,000 square feet and I used to have some $500.00/month heating bills!

​68 years old, 40 percent Disabled vet, 18th airborne, Formation Engineer. Medically retired. Hobbies are Hunting,fossil collection, Indian artifacts collection, Gun collecting, bullet reloading, cleaning my wife's koi pond.

I love just sitting around watching the deer, turkeys, rabbits and birds feed. Just relaxing from now on. Finally quit hunting for the "Red Paste" for smoking meat.

Last edited:
Elementary school teacher for the last 13 years. A few years in banking at a credit union as a loan officer prior to teaching. Retail management before that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky