What are you watching ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just started watching Heartland on Netflix this week. It's a good wholesome show about a horse farm. It's shot in Calgary and has 18 seasons. I enjoy it and love shows with lots of seasons.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Thanks Jeff and yes the Netflix series… amazing all these years later that they managed to get a lot of the original cast back.
I loved all of the Karate Kid original 3 movies. Cobra Kai is just as good, IMO. Love the character development etc. Hope it comes back for another Season. Ralph Macchio is ageless, can't believe he's 62 or 63.

Reactions: jcam222
What's up with Youtube doing the goofy ass voice overs ? Tryed to watch a western on there and it's not the actors real voice... BS... Drives me nuts.. I jst start looking for something else ...

Try Montfort: The Chickasaw Rancher.
I will take a look. Watching Trigger Warning right now. I got through half an episode of Godless and was not sure about this. Talked to buddy John and he said you got to give it a few episodes so I will. I guess I gonna have to go for the no ad plan to watch those other movies.

Reactions: jcam222
I will take a look. Watching Trigger Warning right now. I got through half an episode of Godless and was not sure about this. Talked to buddy John and he said you got to give it a few episodes so I will. I guess I gonna have to go for the no ad plan to watch those other movies.
You'll have no shortage of things to watch on Netflix for sure

DAMN IT MAN... You'ns are such bad influences... Checked out the pilot for Hell On Wheels...

Now I'm up to season 2 episode 5 already... Been watching all day today...
Crazy good show. I watched it when it was live tv. Always wished they'd add another season. If you haven't watched the Deadwood series you need to find it next. As good or better than Hell on Wheels.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Wife and I just watched "The Retirement Plan" on Hulu and enjoyed it. Wife actually stayed awake for the whole thing which says a lot.

The critics are self important movie snobs who likely never laugh a day in their life. How sad. I cant imagine life without humor; then again I cut my teeth on Richard Pryor and George Carlin by age 12...

Don't take yourself too seriously, or the movie, and realize its supposed to be stupid, a comedy action movie with a couple good points to be made about family. It's free of the woke crap usually shoved in your face these days too.

I really need a new western so I sighed up today. Any movie suggestions?

Edit. I thought I would try the ad plan just to how bad it is. Every movie I go to watch says I have to upgrade my plan. Bastards!
I detest commercials. I feel like a sucker sitting there watching them, then realize I AM when its a commercial on a service I paid money for! That's why I dont take the $2.99 a month offer for Hulu. They would have to PAY ME $20 a month to watch those freaking commercials!

We like some of the network programs and have the Dish Hopper that records everything, but in the summer and during the holidays when they suspend airing many of them, we shift to the streaming services, but one at a time. Turn one on, watch everything we want (which we can usually do in a month because there is not much out there for us that we haven't already seen), turn it off, then turn on the next one. I look for the free or special limited deals and otherwise just pay for a month...always the ad-free. I keep a running note on my phone of stuff we want to look at watching on all of them so we can "hit it and quit it" "hit the ground running" :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky