What are you watching ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We watch a variety, but we especially like Westerns and Taylor Sheridan stuff like 1883, Yellowstone, etc.

The old stuff is really good, like Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. They cant make TV like that anymore. It's hard to find stuff today that hasn't be cleansed of anything offensive to anyone and doesn't have "agenda" built in to it.

Whatever I DO watch, if I'm just going to sit there and watch it, must be commercial free or I have recorded it. I feel like a total schmuck watching commercials, especially some of the commercials today. Nothing will make me or my wife dive for the remote to change the channel, if the TV is live, faster than those awful Jardiance commercials. I cant stand musicals on the screen in general, but those are especially annoying.

Maybe we need a thread on commercials!

On June 6 I finally got around to watching Band of Brothers. I’m getting through about two episodes a day. It’s very good, though I suspect most of you already knew that.
That’s a good one. If you haven’t already, watch The Pacific. It’s a WW2 movie following the Pacific Theater of the war.

So, mine would be and in no particular order… Mountain Men, King Of The Hill, Bar Rescue, Ice Road Truckers, The King Of Queens and Tombstone movie at least once every few months.

If you all remember watching The Karate Kids… we just finished watching Cobra Kai… great series. Bit older, but we enjoyed it!

So, mine would be and in no particular order… Mountain Men, King Of The Hill, Bar Rescue, Ice Road Truckers, The King Of Queens and Tombstone movie at least once every few months.

If you all remember watching The Karate Kids… we just finished watching Cobra Kai… great series. Bit older, but we enjoyed it!
Lots of good ones there! King of Queens and along of the Hill are classics. The Cobra Kai I assume you watched the newer series on Netflix? I enjoy it

Lots of good ones there! King of Queens and along of the Hill are classics. The Cobra Kai I assume you watched the newer series on Netflix? I enjoy it
Thanks Jeff and yes the Netflix series… amazing all these years later that they managed to get a lot of the original cast back.

Reactions: MJB05615
I watched The Lift last night on Netflix and thought it was decent. Night before was Hitman on Netflix. Although I'm not usually into horror genre I may watch First Omen tonight on Hulu. It's a 2024 prequel to the Omen.

On June 6 I finally got around to watching Band of Brothers. I’m getting through about two episodes a day. It’s very good, though I suspect most of you already knew that.
We have that on Dish DVR and watch it about once a year. Doesn't get much better.

I used to love falling asleep to Mountain Men until they brought in the dude with the danged dogs. Do not like the old or the new guy with the dogs...I love dogs, but STFU.

I like Bar Rescue but the wife hates the yelling. I keep telling her thats his shtick, he has to yell every time he meets the bar owner! And for good reason. I've worked behind the scenes on restaurant and bar equipment, almost all of them are disgusting...sometimes the ones that are supposed to be high end are the most disgusting. Took me years to want to eat out after doing that work. Even places with good health reports on the front door...the inspectors dont get on their hands and knees and wrestle with the equipment like I did. When you do, you see what's under it...you dont really want to see that and then order food!

I love threads like this. Helps ID new potential binges. I may try the middle after I finish Royal Pains

I watched The Lift last night on Netflix and thought it was decent. Night before was Hitman on Netflix. Although I'm not usually into horror genre I may watch First Omen tonight on Hulu. It's a 2024 prequel to the Omen.
I started it last night. Only got about 20 minutes in before I got too tired to watch anymore but its pretty damn good so far.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky