What are you watching ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never could get into that “Yellow Stone” thing he did. Reminded me to much of the old soap opera of “Dallas” just not my bag. However I do generally like Costner, so this new one might be ok. I hate drama for dramas sake is all.

Finally getting back to Hell on Wheels after having to take time to deal with life the last two months.

Kevin Costner is set to release the first of a 4 part series called “Horizon” this month. It’s a Civl war era western.
Looks like its going to be in theaters. 4 movies built as a series over 2 years or something like that. I'll wait until all of them make it to a streamer, I dont do theaters...especially for a 3 hour movie. Plus I hate what they are doing these days, dropping 1/4-1/2 of a series like Outlander, then not dropping the rest for 6-12 months. My wife loves Outlander but even she thinks its ridiculous the way they are stretching it out and said we'll wait till they all drop. We'll get either a trial deal with Starz or just get a month of Starz...hit it and quit it before the month is over.
Never could get into that “Yellow Stone” thing he did. Reminded me to much of the old soap opera of “Dallas” just not my bag. However I do generally like Costner, so this new one might be ok. I hate drama for dramas sake is all.
Yellowstone is one of the few dramas I can like (outside of 911 emergency types of shows, war, etc.), but it has gotten more drama/less action as the series progressed for sure. Even with the the fire/cop shows, they build in way too much relationship crap. The Chicago series are some I dont like to watch. Not enough action, then they'll have the requisite LGBT characters, which I'm not a fan of. No hate...just prefer to not see it as entertainment for my preferences.
Finally getting back to Hell on Wheels after having to take time to deal with life the last two months.
I'd like to watch that. Where are you watching it? I see its on AMC+ and I can get a free trial. Not sure we can bang out 57 episodes in a month but they ARE only about 45 min each. It's available through Prime with Freevee with commercials. I detest commercials.

Anyone watch Freevee in here? Curious how bad the commercials are. I can somewhat stand Prime's commercials because they are pretty small. I'm wondering if thats how Freevee is. I've read that some of the commercial supported free streamers' commercials are so bad it makes watching aggravating and they break at random spots, like right in the middle of an action scene.

I'd like to watch that. Where are you watching it? I see its on AMC+ and I can get a free trial. Not sure we can bang out 57 episodes in a month but they ARE only about 45 min each. It's available through Prime with Freevee with commercials. I detest commercials.

Anyone watch Freevee in here? Curious how bad the commercials are. I can somewhat stand Prime's commercials because they are pretty small. I'm wondering if thats how Freevee is. I've read that some of the commercial supported free streamers' commercials are so bad it makes watching aggravating and they break at random spots, like right in the middle of an action scene.
I'm watching it on Freevee.If you sign up the commercials are fairly limited but you still have deal with them.I started watching Hell on Tubi but Tubi dropped it for some reason so we picked up where we left off on Freevee.

Reactions: chef k-dude
Thanks, I may give a Freevee program a try as a test. I actually dont mind paying for a month or two of a streamer to avoid commercials. But there is not one streamer that has enough content we are interested in to have it year round for us.

Have you watched the Deadwood series? If not it's a must watch. Sets the bar for modern Western series IMO
Yes and it is very good. If I ever have the chance to record it from a freeview of Max through Dish I will nab it on DVR. The free trial is only 7 days, I dont even want to try to watch 36 episodes in a week! And not sure $17 for a month of commercial free is worth it either unless I can find other stuff to watch. I keep a list of the major streamers programming we want to see, so when we activate one, were ready to pounce! We are addicted to Dish because of the Hopper and get plenty to watch when the networks are airing their new seasons...the major ones automatically recorded in Prime-time Anytime and many of those have auto-skip. But as we head in to summer the content becomes reruns. That's when we usually start hitting the streamers free trials or run each for a month and watch as much as we can, then suspend or cancel.

Reactions: jcam222
For anyone who watches On Patrol: Live on the Reelz network, I was just informed that my town of Everett, WA will be one of the agencies featured, starting this Friday.

Came across a random western on Netflix tonight. Montfort: The Chickasaw Rancher. Really enjoyed it. Highly recommend.
That should push me over the edge. Was trying to find a discount but guess there is none. Do you have the commercial version? Was wondering how many they have?

Ok viewers, are there any "Trekkies" out there? Amazon Prime has History Vault as one of their channels you can subscribe to. On History Vault they have a 10 part docuseries of Star Trek. The whole franchise. It starts from the very beginning on how Gene Roddenberry had a vision to the last Star Trek series made. TONS of background info. Each episode is packed with so much info its hard to digest all at one time. Finish what you are doing before watching an episode of this series. If you're planning on folding clothes while watching this forget it. Do not have any distractions in the room while watching this or you will miss information.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky