Smoking for Friends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
Smoking for friends is the best sometimes. Two Chuck roasts one for me and one for a buddy. Also 3 racks of BB’s for another buddy. We will share amongst ourselves for sure. Roasts were seasoned with SPOG and the ribs with Meat Church Honey Hog and Holy Gospel.

IMG_5604.jpeg

IMG_5605.jpeg
IMG_5606.jpeg

Tied up the roasts to hold them together a bit. Never did that before but thought I would try it this time.

IMG_5608.jpeg

Two hours in on the Chucks and 1 on the ribs.

IMG_5609.jpeg

3 hours in and a a little rearrangement for the ribs. Looking good! Chuck’s are temping at 140.

IMG_5610.jpeg

Fire shot! Using Kiawe wood a friend scores for me. Haven’t had to buy wood in about 7 months. As long as I keep him fed with smoked goods😂😂. I got no problem with that.

IMG_5612.jpeg
IMG_5613.jpeg

3 hours for the ribs. Wrapped with Honey and Butter in butchers paper. Never found a way to seal paper with ribs due to meat side down. so I use a little foil folded to a strip and wrap that around. Works good enough for me. Chucks at 150 and going to wrap in foils pan as I plan for pull apart for Sandwiches.

?hash=d97d011297cc4b739346a33fb921f15e.jpg
IMG_5615.jpeg

Roasts wrapped on a bed of onions and some peperoncinis. And beef broth and back on till 205 and probe tender.

IMG_5617.jpeg

IMG_5616.jpeg

IMG_5618.jpeg

Friends showed up and beers were had and I ran out of steam, Hahaha! Forgot to get finished pics but everything came out good and everyone ate there fill! My sandwich before bed. It was a great Sunday with good food and Friends.

Attachments

• IMG_5614.jpeg
    IMG_5614.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That all looks fantastic . Makes me wish it was Football season for some reason .
Tied up the roasts to hold them together a bit. Never did that before but thought I would try it this time.
I did the same one time . It's my go to for chucks . Really evens out the the internal temps .

not the prettiest sammy
That's a " I cooked this to eat it " sandwich . Not a I cooked this to take a picture sandwich .
Perfect .

Reactions: Redicans
Great job! Sammy had to be tasty!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! It was.

That all looks fantastic . Makes me wish it was Football season for some reason .

I did the same one time . It's my go to for chucks . Really evens out the the internal temps .

That's a " I cooked this to eat it " sandwich . Not a I cooked this to take a picture sandwich .
Perfect .
Thanks Chopsaw, Yeah I think I will tie them up from now on. Definitely worked good!

Definitely a cooked to eat sandwich😂😂

RC, I'd be over for a plate if you were a bit closer ! :) Fine looking smoked goodies !!
Thanks crazymoon crazymoon !

Reactions: chopsaw
Smoking for friends is the best sometimes. Two Chuck roasts one for me and one for a buddy. Also 3 racks of BB’s for another buddy. We will share amongst ourselves for sure. Roasts were seasoned with SPOG and the ribs with Meat Church Honey Hog and Holy Gospel.

View attachment 698261

View attachment 698262View attachment 698263

View attachment 698264

Two hours in on the Chucks and 1 on the ribs.

View attachment 698269

3 hours in and a a little rearrangement for the ribs. Looking good! Chuck’s are temping at 140.

View attachment 698270

Fire shot! Using Kiawe wood a friend scores for me. Haven’t had to buy wood in about 7 months. As long as I keep him fed with smoked goods😂😂. I got no problem with that.

View attachment 698274View attachment 698275

3 hours for the ribs. Wrapped with Honey and Butter in butchers paper. Never found a way to seal paper with ribs due to meat side down. so I use a little foil folded to a strip and wrap that around. Works good enough for me. Chucks at 150 and going to wrap in foils pan as I plan for pull apart for Sandwiches.

View attachment 698346View attachment 698342

Roasts wrapped on a bed of onions and some peperoncinis. And beef broth and back on till 205 and probe tender.

View attachment 698343

View attachment 698344

View attachment 698345

Friends showed up and beers were had and I ran out of steam, Hahaha! Forgot to get finished pics but everything came out good and everyone ate there fill! My sandwich before bed. It was a great Sunday with good food and Friends.
good looking stuff. Still want to try a chuck on the WSM but have a hard time ripping them away from Mama where they are crock pot bound for ropa Vieja. I think your style on the chucks would make some great ropa vieja.

Reactions: Redicans
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky