Cherry Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jaulie

Original poster
Jun 27, 2024
I am in the process of building a smokehouse. Long story short, the wood I set aside for the build is trash. I can purchase cedar in my area at a reasonable price, but I have stumbled upon cherry lumber cheaper. Which wood would be better suited for a smokehouse? If the answer is cedar how much better suited is it? Is a $1 a bd. ft. price difference big enough to make the cherry the better option?

Reactions: JLeonard
I think the topic is better building material, not smoking material.
I took it to mean construction material for the smokehouse, itself, not cooking wood. Given the choice between cherry and cedar, I'd spend the extra for the cedar since it will last a lot longer.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky