Looking for Amazing Kansas City BBQ Locations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Virtual Weber Bullett and the Amazing Ribs sites, have sub forums for barbecue joint reviews. Is there a place for that here ?

The VWBB review forum is sort've screwy how its organized. Its by each state, all in one thread and ya have to page through to find the state your interested in.

Amazing Ribs does it right

I think Q39 has the best brisket, but KC BBQ joints rise and fall constantly. Slap's is currently popular, but their sauce is SO sweet (and that isn't a compliment).
It's an interesting thing for sure. It would be interesting to see how things change 5 years from now or from 5 years ago :D

The Virtual Weber Bullett and the Amazing Ribs sites, have sub forums for barbecue joint reviews. Is there a place for that here ?

The VWBB review forum is sort've screwy how its organized. Its by each state, all in one thread and ya have to page through to find the state your interested in.

Amazing Ribs does it right
I don't think I've seen anything here but it would be interesting.
As far as I've seen people just post on their experience in as it's own thread.

I guess mine would be a KC tour vs 1 particular place BUT I do have 4 places reviewed so far so that would fit as well :D

Reactions: 912smoker
Reactions: Smokin Okie
OK one last update, probably the final one.

I was able to do as I hoped and I made a to-go order at Q39 for their brisket plate which has beef burnt ends and brisket slices. It's the only way to get their burnt ends and seems they don't offer a straight burnt end plate.

I'll keep this update shorter.

The burnt ends were good to go! They had very good flavor. I think Joe's may barely edge them out on flavor but Q39 had better texture and juiciness.
The brisket slices were good and beefy as well.

The only issue, and it's a real one, was the size of the plate being small!
For a $24 plate I got 3 slices of brisket (not big slices at all) and about 6 burnt end cubes. I don't feel that this is a good meat to dollar ratio at all, especially compared to all the other places and even the other plates of food we got while at Q39.

I don't know if ordering the same thing in the store gives more vs the to-go order having to fit in a different container vs a plate but I really think there should be at least 25-33% more beef on that plate.

The grilled seasonal veggies were still great! (squash, zuchini, onion, carrot, and broccoli)

Well that wraps up my KC BBQ adventure. I have a pretty good feeling I get what it's about and have solved the mystery of KC "burnt ends". To me they are simply just the brisket point cut up into cubes and really nothing magical beyond that, but hey. Good brisket point is magical on it's own regardless of the name it's given or being cut into cubes :D

Thanks for all of the input and suggestions folks. It was a great help and lead to a fun journey :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky