Looking for a recipe for smoked sausage that tastes like Savoie's. Tasso also, and Boudin..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AlyM

Original poster
Jul 1, 2024
Of the brands I can find in the store, Savoie's is by far the best. That may not be a high standard, but it's something I can tolerate and I'm not a huge fan of sausage. I'm hoping y'all can suggest a recipe that has a similar flavor. Last batch I made was far too spicy, I followed a recipe from a family member from my husband's side, and he likes it spicy! I cut the spice in half and still couldn't manage to choke it down. I'm also trying to find a recipe for Tasso, and for Boudin that is similar to Savoie's brand. Any advice is welcome, thank you.

Reactions: JLeonard
indaswamp indaswamp did an amazing Tasso thread not too long ago. Here's a link to the recipe: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/porkapalooza.326573/post-2509837

Here's a great recipe by 73saint 73saint for Boudin, if you're after the shrimp/crawfish variety. There's another recipe using pork done 3-ways by two guys and a cooler over here.
That is the recipe I will be following this time around for Tasso.
I appreciate the seafood boudin, I may try one day but not this time because Hubby doesn't like seafood (How can a deep South southerner NOT like seafood??!). I'll check out the other one.
This is a very good classic cajun smoke sausage recipe. Very mild....not hot....

Recipe...
Thank you, I'll check those out.

Of the brands I can find in the store, Savoie's is by far the best. That may not be a high standard, but it's something I can tolerate and I'm not a huge fan of sausage. I'm hoping y'all can suggest a recipe that has a similar flavor. Last batch I made was far too spicy, I followed a recipe from a family member from my husband's side, and he likes it spicy! I cut the spice in half and still couldn't manage to choke it down. I'm also trying to find a recipe for Tasso, and for Boudin that is similar to Savoie's brand. Any advice is welcome, thank you. I appreciate the seafood boudin, I may try one day but not this time because Hubby doesn't like seafood (How can a deep South southerner NOT like seafood??!). I'll check out the other one. 여러분께 예시 몇 가지를 드리자면, 새해를 기념하는 새해 혜택 이벤트가 있습니다. 이 이벤트는 무려 50% 할인과 무료 배송을 제공합니다. 또한, 꽁돈대첩 행사에서는 특별한 혜택을 누릴 수 있습니다. 예를 들어, 기존에 길었던 배송 기간을 혁신적으로 단축시키고, 5일 배송 프로모션을 통해 더욱 높은 할인을 받을 수 있습니다. 추가로 스페셜 쿠폰을 사용하면 중복 할인도 가능합니다. 알리 프로모션코드를 사용하면 더욱 많은 할인 혜택을 누릴 수 있습니다. 이 밖에도 초대형 특가와 위클리 특가 등 다양한 혜택이 준비되어 있습니다.
Give me some ideas on smoked sausage recipes, to make myself

Getting boudin just right is an art form. Even the pros are hit and miss sometimes. Don's Specialty Meats in Louisiana use to be the absolute best boudin in my opinion, but the last I ordered was just OK. They missed something in that batch. They had always been consistent for years. Now I dont order any at all. Shipping is highway robbery anymore and not worth it if I cant count on the consistency of the product. Also cant get any real smoked sausage around here...that nice, chunky almost dry Louisiana stuff seems to be specific to that region. Everything they call smoked sausage around here might as well be smoked baloney. The Q places rarely get in to sausage around here, so its whats the stores offer. I've been too lazy to make my own in recent years!...and never did get the same texture as the stuff I used to order from Louisiana.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky