Nuclear Hot Links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This one would be more representative of Louisiana Boudin...

https://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Stop-Crawfish-Boudin/dp/B0CNBTT3CS
Interesting! No phosphates on that one! That seems more authentic and artisan, for sure. Ordering some now to educate myself :)

That one also has vegetable oil, flour, and soy protein concentrate. It also mentions grilling as a cooking possibility. So I'm thinking, because of those extra binders, I could put one of those on the grill and it wouldn't push out the ends...

Last edited:
Microwave is your friend to reheat already cooked sausages without bursting them like SV or pan fry will.
The Sous Vide + Grilling combo is working great for me, actually. I just sous vide, and pop right out of the bag onto the grill. This is emulating the serious eats approach, but replacing the simmer step with sous vide (since I can't simmer during a party).

I've never had bursting or any problems with SV at all. D Dave in AZ - What temps did you try SV at?

The Sous Vide + Grilling combo is working great for me, actually. I just sous vide, and pop right out of the bag onto the grill. This is emulating the serious eats approach, but replacing the simmer step with sous vide (since I can't simmer during a party).

I've never had bursting or any problems with SV at all. D Dave in AZ - What temps did you try SV at?
I was talking specifically for the loose crawfish boudin, not for everything ;) that one seems too loose to handle any steam pressure developing.

Reactions: geostriata
I was talking specifically for the loose crawfish boudin, not for everything ;) that one seems too loose to handle any steam pressure developing.
Ah, I see. Yeah, you may be right. I haven't tested that one with SV yet. I'll do so now.

Fortunately, they came out intact and just fine from the sous vide. I should've taken a picture before I cut into it, but it was intact when I pulled it out.

1718781525443.png

I think the vacuum bag held it snugly in place as it cooked in the sous vide bath. Here's how it looked when it went in:

1718781601841.png

One of the other reasons I love sous vide with sausages: Sausages freeze really well, and sous vide works really well with frozen things. I just take this guy out of my deep freeze freezer, toss it in the bath, and eat it (or for other sausages, optionally grill it).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky