Oh good grief .. $23 for a smashburger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife lived in Yukon when she was in grade school. She has an annual from her school and it has a pic of Garth Brooks since he was in that school as well. She said a neighbor would take a burger count & go get hamburgers for everyone. Brown paper sacks full of .10 cent burgers for the whole neighborhood. I suspect this was the early 70's. She says they were greasy good! :emoji_yum::emoji_laughing:

Reactions: 912smoker
My local Jack-in-the-Box has what they call a smashburger. A single Classic Smashed Jack goes for $9.99. Combo goes for $15.38.
Yeah, no thanks.

I have to wonder how many who replied here, read the article.

It wasn't about inflation or what kind of burger is preferable. Is was about fine dining restaurants who've put smashburgers on the menu. Smashburgers have gone mainstream and are now a fad. Along with how they're preparing the burgers in order to maintain their high level of snootiness , such as a wagyu smashburger.

I was in an OKC burger joint yesterday evening, sign on the wall said established in 1971. They had an Oklahoma onion burger on the menu for $7. I did not order one. I got the same burger I've ordered since 1975.

Well, it's true the article doesn't really define the ridiculousness of the price of the burgers, but does delve in to the debate people have about them. I cant imagine going to a fine dining establishment and ordering a burger, except at $20 it may be the most affordable meal on the menu. Your title lends to the mind the conversation is about the ridiculousness of the cost as much as the lunacy of using Wagu for a burger patty cooked to smithereens. At one point in the article someone actually says, “When you’re cooking it to well done, it’s really very difficult for anyone to tell the difference”.

Threads go sideways all the time. It's human nature, as is people not always "getting the point". I still appreciate the conversation though. And the article is interesting, but talk about first world problems...anyone who would stand in line for an hour for any burger is, well, I'll leave it at "committed". Or it's a crisis and those burgers are the only food available...

Although making it at home is cheaper, sometimes you just need to eat on the run. When that happens I will go to our burger barn. Its more of a mom & pops place and is always busy. Busy because the food is excellent and the owner is local. You can still get a 1\2 pound burger for under ten bucks.
Cheezy Bacon Burger (1/2 lb)
A half-pound patty topped with cheese, barbeque mayonnaise, onions, and pickles.

$9.99

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky