New Smoker in St. Louis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
welcome from St.Peters Mo.
Thanks, Mosparky! You are very close to me! lol Question for you--any idea where to get a turkey from around here? We want to do smoked turkey for the 4th of July, but I am having trouble finding one. Every store I talk to says they don't normally carry full size turkeys until the fall for Thanksgiving.

I work in the meat dept at local grocery chain. We have gotten a lot of request and have checked warehouse stock many times. There are none in the warehouse to be had. This does seem to be the case for all of our competitors as well. Even turkey breast are hard to find.
Unfortunately nobody wants to bring in a truckload of turkeys and commit warehouse freezer space and cash resources to sell a handful of turkeys between now and the holidays. Even the holidays are planned to cut it close and sell completely out shortly after the holidays.
Best advice is to see if they can order in fresh turkey parts (of your choosing).

Reactions: STLSmoker636
I work in the meat dept at local grocery chain. We have gotten a lot of request and have checked warehouse stock many times. There are none in the warehouse to be had. This does seem to be the case for all of our competitors as well. Even turkey breast are hard to find.
Unfortunately nobody wants to bring in a truckload of turkeys and commit warehouse freezer space and cash resources to sell a handful of turkeys between now and the holidays. Even the holidays are planned to cut it close and sell completely out shortly after the holidays.
Best advice is to see if they can order in fresh turkey parts (of your choosing).
Thanks. That makes sense. It just seems weird to me because it seems like lots of people would like to smoke turkeys over the summer or at least deep dry. I found two turkey breasts at Price Chopper fortunately, but bought the last two they had.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky