New Boat Day!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: Timber II
That's Nuts! How fast is the water flowing?

It’s 9000 CFS so considered low flow (my boat was a 20 fter, the blue one). I’ve been through it at 39k flow class 5 in a 28ft twin supercharged 6Ls. 1300HP. Mine was a VVT 6L at 425 HP

This is just playing around in class 2/3s the first is a class 3 the others are class 2….. this was 20 mins from the house before we moved…. I took mine through a class 5 (granite rapid) many times (not very common for a 20fter)….that was NUTS!

One needs stable blood pressure to do this…..LOL!

It’s 9000 CFS so considered low flow (my boat was a 20 fter, the blue one). I’ve been through it at 39k flow class 5 in a 28ft twin supercharged 6Ls. 1300HP. Mine was a VVT 6L at 425 HP

This is just playing around in class 2/3s the first is a class 3 the others are class 2….. this was 20 mins from the house before we moved…. I took mine through a class 5 (granite rapid) many times (not very common for a 20fter)….that was NUTS!

One needs stable blood pressure to do this…..LOL!

Stable blood pressure....and big ol cajones.

Nice fishing rig. . .

My question is why on the rapids ? 🙂 It would be a hell of a rush but I would be scared to death, take a rock the wrong way and you would have a nice hole in your hull. Certainly a challenge!

My question is why on the rapids ? 🙂 It would be a hell of a rush but I would be scared to death, take a rock the wrong way and you would have a nice hole in your hull. Certainly a challenge!
The rapids are from civilsmoker.... I fish calm tidal waters.

Congrats Keith.. Nice boat...

Best two days of being a boat owner... The day you buy it and the day you sell it...
Yep. My dad told me a long time ago that a boat is basically a hole to throw your money into. He wasn't wrong. I'm still happily throwing it in there.

…..ha that was me hijacking indaswamp indaswamp new boat joy in needing another one!
IMG_20240617_095951.jpg

Name of the jack plate on my boat reminded me of you....LOL!!!

Nice rig! There is one thing Ive noticed over the years. Boats are like strippers! When you stop throwing cash at them, they stop working!:emoji_wink: ( Im in the middle of one complete restoration and trying to get the other boat up and running well.)

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
New boat day is always a great day. That's spottail catching machine right there Keith and should get you skinny enough to get where they are. Enjoy...

indaswamp indaswamp , you going to smash a miller lite across the bow the christen it properly before your maiden voyage?

Congrats with your new boat and welcome to the club.

Attachments

• PXL_20240311_160113387~2.jpg
    PXL_20240311_160113387~2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 10
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky