My first cook of 2024

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
About 10 miles from the blue turf!
Only got a couple of smokes in last year so I was excited to have my first one this year. As usual I kicked of the season with some pork ribs. Had a total cook time of about 5.25 hours with a two hour wrap. Decided to try a store bought sauce that I hadn't used on the smoker before, Kinder's mild. mild. Needed a little more zing to it but not bad. Sorry I don't take the best pics. But they are a full on shot, some cut up and one with a nice bite out of it. It was really nice to get back into the swing of things.

20240601_193807.jpg

20240601_194522.jpg

20240601_195959.jpg

Looks perfect! Exactly how I like them also! Glad you got the first one done.

Ryan

Look great to me! Yeah I like that Kinders sauce. It has good ingredients. No weird artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup.

Only got a couple of smokes in last year so I was excited to have my first one this year. As usual I kicked of the season with some pork ribs. Had a total cook time of about 5.25 hours with a two hour wrap. Decided to try a store bought sauce that I hadn't used on the smoker before, Kinder's mild. mild. Needed a little more zing to it but not bad. Sorry I don't take the best pics. But they are a full on shot, some cut up and one with a nice bite out of it. It was really nice to get back into the swing of things.

View attachment 698350
View attachment 698351

View attachment 698352
made up for lost time........ bueno chow! nice bite

Looks like a fine rib from here. Nicely done 👍 always feels good to get one in, if you've been away for a bit

Thanks for the nice comments everybody. I had done so little last year I was nervous about how they were going to turn out. Now to figure out what I want for the next cook...chicken?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky