This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
Ok, So Jeff tried to ban me from SMF. Somehow he got information that I was responsible for the break up of the Beatles. I have been framed.

Naw, I've had so much hell with my log in. To anyone who's sent me a PM in recent weeks every time I received an PM the forum required me to confirm my email address. Problem was my email address seems to be flagged or something causing me to loose access to SMF. It's frustrating but it appears Jeff is on it and I would also like to ask any other mods or admin members to please help if they can. For some reason, I'm not receiving any emails from SMF. There's either a glitch or somehow my email has been flagged for P**n or something?

Anyway I'm back ...

Anyone else every have these issue or is this an isolated event?

One time I accidently marked an email as spam from here instead of marking it read. It pretty much killed my ability to use that email address with this forum so I just switched to a different address I had. Just be really careful and don't do what I did. I did the same thing on accident with an email from WikiTree a genealogy site, and they cancelled my account. I literally just accidently clicked the wrong thing and you can't take it back.

Reactions: texomakid
I just always figure that when I send private messages to people and get no response, they just dont want to talk to me....

Reactions: halleoneagain
I'm the unfortunate guy who gets to fix most computer issues around here. I'm currently running windows 11 on my 2 laptops and a desktop that don't meet standards that microsoft set for 11. Runs fine, if not better than windows 10 did. I'm also pretty well experienced with linux.

My Minnesota ISP is also my email host. It is not predictable on which SMF emails it allows or kicks back.
Brian ( bmudd14474 bmudd14474 ) figured that out for me. I need to call my ISP

I had the same issues using Yahoo so switched to a Gmail account I was not using. Keeps me logged in and no issues.
Thanks to Brian bmudd14474 bmudd14474 and Ryan Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ! They walked me thru the process.

Keith
SMF must be the exception. Many on-line accounts warn us that a gmail address will cause problems.

Reactions: 912smoker
For some reason every now and again select members with your Email provider starts hard blocking email. For you they hard blocked 3 emails we sent you Wed. But nothing has been blocked since then. Its frustrating how their servers work.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Last couple of days, I've noticed my email notifications of replys to posts Im watching, have been delayed by 6 to 10 hours. Not seen that before.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky