Southern Pimento cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
Ft Lauderdale.
After spending a week in hell, Las Vegas, I always yearn for some "Home stuff".
It's not smoked or meat, but it makes a pile of Ritz crackers disappear pretty quick.
as usual my pictures are lacking.

cheese cracker.jpg

p cheese.jpg

I always thought pimento cheese was overrated. So many people raved about it but they all had that "off" "factory" flavor to me. It was all just so-so for me.

For some reason I was inspired to make my own a few years ago and now I love the stuff. Homemade is definitely the way to go. I have notes on a jalapeno version and it was good, but I have settled on the red pimento as my go-to.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'd be interested in your recipe as well. Looks fantastic. I love the stuff but avoid the commercial ones as they add things like corn syrup that seem unnecessary

Actually googled several. Picked the one that said Dukes mayonnaise
heres’s it kinda
8oz freshly grated sharp cheddar
8oz. creamcheese
1/2. CUp Dukes
4 oz diced pimento Ora little more
skosh of finely cut jalopenos
little garlic powder mix thoroughly and refegerate.

this is from memoryr

heres’s it kinda
8oz. creamcheese
1/2. CUp Dukes

this is from memoryr
Thanks. On the short list

Since we all smoke stuff, I smoke NY sharp cheddar and after a few weeks, I shred with the
food processor to make pimento cheese. Sometimes I add bacon. Try it. You will like it
I should add that I smoke about 20 pounds of cheese in the winter and vacuum pack it in 2 pound portions for later use.
Oh man! Now that sounds killer!

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
heres’s it kinda
8oz. creamcheese
1/2. CUp Dukes

this is from memoryr
I'm lucky enough to be able to just go buy sandwiches from them. 😁

This has become our family favorite and very similar to my mother's.

Keith

My buddy, went back and did Myron's class a few yrs ago, and one of the snacks he had out was his pimento cheese and sliced baguettes.
My buddy asked for the recipe, and he makes it for most of his parties, it's good sheeet man!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky