Is my LEM a LEMON???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice Looking Sausage,   Glad you got it fixed

Gary

DS Glad you got her going, sausage looks great what kind and is that a collagen casing??

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

Well---Glad you're at least finally good to go, even if you had to DIY !!

Congrats, Case!!

Bear

yeahthat.gif

Hey Case, maybe now you can just settle in and make sausage

Gary

well, I received my 5lb stuffer.... did some dry runs (won't be able to be used until this weekend) and no shavings... things look fairly well flat and put together well, so I think I got a "good one". time will tell, but so far so good. for 112 delivered, I figured it was a good enough deal to try it.

well, I received my 5lb stuffer.... did some dry runs (won't be able to be used until this weekend) and no shavings... things look fairly well flat and put together well, so I think I got a "good one". time will tell, but so far so good. for 112 delivered, I figured it was a good enough deal to try it.
I think the one Case got was the exception not the norm. Doesn't excuse the poor customer service, though. Mine has performed well. I would add a little food safe grease to the gears, seemed to help on mine making it crank smoother. Oil the oring and you will be good to go.

Doesn't excuse the poor customer service, though.

That is the Root of this thread. I have recieved faulty products, damaged goods ordering online and from local store purchases. Never have I been told that the procedures I was doing caused the problem. This was obviously a faulty stuffer I recieved and it should have been replaced no questions asked. Instead I had to waste my time sourcing the problem, and replacing the defect parts myself. In the end I have a functioning stuffer but I will never buy another LEM product. This transaction was hands down the worst buying experience I have ever had.

That is the Root of this thread. I have recieved faulty products, damaged goods ordering online and from local store purchases. Never have I been told that the procedures I was doing caused the problem. This was obviously a faulty stuffer I recieved and it should have been replaced no questions asked. Instead I had to waste my time sourcing the problem, and replacing the defect parts myself. In the end I have a functioning stuffer but I will never buy another LEM product. This transaction was hands down the worst buying experience I have ever had.
i understand that entirely. i've had a few "less than acceptable" customer service experiences with companies myself. No matter if, in the end, i had a functional widget, the pain in the butt and toils/tribulations wasn't worth it and they never get my business again.

I need to get some foodsafe grease and oil for the ring. I will be smoking some kielbasa this weekend.

I agree, Case. They should have sent you a new one right away.

Just found this thread.  Was this a once off issue or is this a known problem with these LEM 5# stuffers?  I was going to get one.

Just found this thread.  Was this a once off issue or is this a known problem with these LEM 5# stuffers?  I was going to get one.
It seems that the stuffer issue was a one time thing. However there are others here and on several other sites where I have posted this that have also had poor customer service.

Since getting the replacement parts and tearing the stuffer apart and putting it back together I haven't had any other issues. Because of the poor customer service I will not buy another LEM product.

It seems that the stuffer issue was a one time thing. However there are others here and on several other sites where I have posted this that have also had poor customer service.

Since getting the replacement parts and tearing the stuffer apart and putting it back together I haven't had any other issues. Because of the poor customer service I will not buy another LEM product.
Gotta use more Water!!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky