Pepperoni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

auerjr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 31, 2019
WI
After looking at BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker post about his pepperoni figured I should post a few pictures of my first go at dry fermented salami.

First attempt at anything fermented. Followed the recipe out of "home production of quality meats and sausages" from Stanley and Adam Marianski. Stuffed into 1.5" clear fibrous casing. The new pro smoker dry ager worked very well. Overall, I think it was a success. Wife said they tasted good. To me they tasted kind of bland and after removing the casing all I could smell when I tried them was the Mold 600. As you can see in the pictures the Mold 600 is really growing well. Maybe I applied too much? I washed them off with a water vinegar solution, vacuumed sealed and placed them in the refrigerator. Will give them a week or so then give them another try.

Thanks for looking. In the dry ager I also have some capicola, moose bresaola.

thumbnail_IMG_0309.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0310.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0311.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0312.jpg

I agree, looks tasty! Let us know how the next taste goes.

Ryan

Nice pepperoni.
I sure do like that cure age cave but I just cant pull the trigger on $1200

Did you use a UMAi bag on those.

Nice pepperoni.
I sure do like that cure age cave but I just cant pull the trigger on $1200

Did you use a UMAi bag on those.
the capicola and moose bresaola are wrapped in collagen sheets that I got from the sausage maker.

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky