LEM Jerky Slicer & Tenderizer Attachment Review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I bought my LEM #8 Big Bite grinder back at Thanksgiving on their Black Friday sale. I've always wanted a cuber, as some of us call them, for home use, but the Hobart 403 is $1500-$2500 USED! Not worth that kind of money for occasional use so I asked the forum for any experience with the LEM attachment for the grinder...

Not getting any advice or reviews, I bit the bullet and ordered one. At $300, still not cheap, but with a 25% discount coupon, not too bad...

I've had it for over a month and haven't used it until today. Got it out and washed all the parts, sprayed with silicone, and got it ready to cube(tenderize) some eye-of-round steaks for supper tonight...
20240129_092838[1].jpg

20240129_092924[1].jpg

20240129_095204[1].jpg

20240129_094034[1].jpg

First impressions are this is a solid unit, appears and feels well built. Now for the real test...
20240129_094259[1].jpg

20240129_094439[1].jpg

These were ½"-¾" thick and there was no strain or hesitation. For occasional home use or even more, this is a good attachment for the grinder and I'm happy even though I've only ran 6 pieces of steak through it. While this attachment is not cheap, cubed steak around me is $6-$7/lb. I'll keep an eye out for some kind of round on sale and make my own plus it's almost impossible to get a meat department to make cubed pork loin or chicken. Will be interesting to see how it handles thicker pieces, but I suspect if it will go in the chute, it'll go through the blades. The documentation says it will handle meat up to 1¼" thick.

For slicing jerky, there is a separate slicer roller included that replaces one of the tenderizer rollers...
20240129_105236[1].jpg

I don't really see myself ever using the jerky slicer...

GS, I have both attachments for a hand cranker and love them both. I love the jerky slicer for cutting with the grain jerky. All your pieces are uniform in size so they finish at the same time unlike hand sliced sorta uniform slices.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I got one of these, only manual and smaller. It was a lot less money. I have only used the slicer part once, but have used the cuber a bunch of times. I cut pork loins about 1/2 inch thick and run them through twice, at 90 degrees from each other. These pork fritters are amazing. Tried it once on beef to make chicken fried steak and was disappointed. Chicken breasts fall apart. But those pork fritters are great.

I bought my LEM #8 Big Bite grinder back at Thanksgiving on their Black Friday sale. I've always wanted a cuber, as some of us call them, for home use, but the Hobart 403 is $1500-$2500 USED! Not worth that kind of money for occasional use so I asked the forum for any experience with the LEM attachment for the grinder...

Not getting any advice or reviews, I bit the bullet and ordered one. At $300, still not cheap, but with a 25% discount coupon, not too bad...

I've had it for over a month and haven't used it until today. Got it out and washed all the parts, sprayed with silicone, and got it ready to cube(tenderize) some eye-of-round steaks for supper tonight...
View attachment 687137
View attachment 687138
View attachment 687139
View attachment 687140

First impressions are this is a solid unit, appears and feels well built. Now for the real test...
View attachment 687141
View attachment 687142

These were ½"-¾" thick and there was no strain or hesitation. For occasional home use or even more, this is a good attachment for the grinder and I'm happy even though I've only ran 6 pieces of steak through it. While this attachment is not cheap, cubed steak around me is $6-$7/lb. I'll keep an eye out for some kind of round on sale and make my own plus it's almost impossible to get a meat department to make cubed pork loin or chicken. Will be interesting to see how it handles thicker pieces, but I suspect if it will go in the chute, it'll go through the blades. The documentation says it will handle meat up to 1¼" thick.

For slicing jerky, there is a separate slicer roller included that replaces one of the tenderizer rollers...
View attachment 687143
I don't really see myself ever using the jerky slicer...
Think stir fry for the jerky slicer, I have a Kitchener that has the same setup, works great

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky