Who Wants To See Pics Of My Wiener?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn near 400 bagged up and ready for the freezer.

3204f60f_2012-04-01_23-19-11_109.jpg

I will just stick with what I told you in Chat LOL 

Great job with the HOT DOGS Joel...................
icon_eek.gif

Joe

icon_cool.gif

Now thoses look awesome Joel. I could eat a bunch of thoses now that I'm finely got my steroids down to almost nothing. I can Diet Ya ya ya Yahoo

I will just stick with what I told you in Chat LOL 
ROTF.gif

Great job with the HOT DOGS Joel...................
icon_eek.gif

Joe
Thanks Joe!

Those came out really nice. I like how they look after two grinds with the smaller plate.
I do too. It was interesting to watch the color change during the second grind.

Thanks!

Those came out great. I must admit I was a little worried about clicking on that link.
biggrin.gif

What? I am a model inmate, err I mean poster.
32.gif

icon_cool.gif

Now thoses look awesome Joel. I could eat a bunch of thoses now that I'm finely got my steroids down to almost nothing. I can Diet Ya ya ya Yahoo
Congrats Mark!

It looks great i can see it in a bun with mustard
drool.gif
Don't forget the homemade kraut.
biggrin.gif

Hopefully this gets seen.  So.... I'm planning on making ten lbs of these hot dogs.  Took me a bit to find where to buy the phosphates, as it says to definetly use them.  However, how critical is the "sodium erythorbate"?  the recipe calls fro 1/4 tsp for 5 lbs.  Is there a commercial name for this?  is it required?

Thanks

Awesome looking wieners there solar! I bet they do taste amazing!

I googled phostphates a while back and didn't find any reason why phosphates would be a "good" addition to home made sausages. Can someone tell me what the benefit is? Thanks!

Hopefully this gets seen.  So.... I'm planning on making ten lbs of these hot dogs.  Took me a bit to find where to buy the phosphates, as it says to definetly use them.  However, how critical is the "sodium erythorbate"?  the recipe calls fro 1/4 tsp for 5 lbs.  Is there a commercial name for this?  is it required?

Thanks
What recipe are you using?

Erythorbates are a curing accelerator and speeds up curing process. You can stuff and smoke right away.  Take in consideration that SOME pre mixes already have this added. Be careful with SE as 1oz will do 100 lbs of meat.

Also known as Sodium Tri Poly Phosphate and Sodium Phosphate, Brifisol 450 is a food grade phosphate that is used with meat products to help in the retention of moisture and soluble proteins. Sodium Tripolyphosphate is compatible with all curing ingredients such as nitrites, nitrates, sugar, salt and ascorbic acid or its derivative, sodium erythorbate. (Dont confuse this with TSP that can be bought at a hardware store)

Outstanding

Those cellulose casings are the shiznet.

I owe Dan some as well. :biggrin:

Awesome looking wieners there solar! I bet they do taste amazing!

I googled phostphates a while back and didn't find any reason why phosphates would be a "good" addition to home made sausages. Can someone tell me what the benefit is? Thanks!

It is a binder to help retain moisture.

Most EXCELLENT  !!!

How did you come by the cellulose casings.  All I can find is to buy them in huge quantity.  I'd like to get a hundred of them or so.  I guess they come in strands so 2-3 of them would do me fine.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky