• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What are you making for new years?

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nitty

Fire Starter
Jan 28, 2020
Smoked or not, what are you making for new years? Friends of ours are having a small get together. I'm going to take smoked bbq shotgun shells. I think they are doing pizza, couple different dips, meat and cheese tray. The bbq shotgun shells should add a nice touch.

GrumpyGriller

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 29, 2021
NYE 2023
1672244358625.png

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
Smoked or not, what are you making for new years? Friends of ours are having a small get together. I'm going to take smoked bbq shotgun shells. I think they are doing pizza, couple different dips, meat and cheese tray. The bbq shotgun shells should add a nice touch.
probably ordering a pizza. We have a new place a few blocks away. I hope they don't suck like all the franchise joints.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
I let my mother handle this one, and she nails it. She's a NW TN farm girl, so it's all south for New Years. Pork loin (which I'm smoking), black eyed peas, turnip greens, and cornbread. I'm going to bring Utica greens for myself because I HATE turnip greens.

Smoke-Chem BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Aug 20, 2021
I'm roasting a small rib roast, since we're only feeding four. I'm roasting it because the smoker will have both racks full doing a low-temp smoke of a pork belly I've had soaking in a wet cure for about a week now. I'm following the recipe Jeff emailed out to subscribers a month or more ago.

Sometime before Jan 2, I'll be smoking two big beef ribs. These look to be meatier than the disappointing ones I've found previously--they've always had very little meat on them. So I'm cautiously optimistic about these from Restaurant Depot.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Don't know about the food. It's my sons' 13th b-day on the 30th and 18th b-day on the 31st and the eldest hasn't told me what he wants. Either way we'll eat good, I'm gonna get pickled and make a hell of a mess launching fireworks with the neighbors in the cul-de-sac..

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
Seafood. King crab, stone crab claws, lobster tails. Salt potatoes Maybe something with shrimp. Doubt it though, I have plans for shrimp creole for Saturday.
Salt potatoes? Not sure I know what that is, a little help please...

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
We get them ready to cook.

View attachment 652692
There is a small market nearby that usually has some great red potatoes so I've bookmarked this because it's going to happen....soon. What's the thoughts on sour cream? My family thinks you have to put it on all potatoes... :emoji_laughing: and I want them to be authentic...

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
It's a regional NY thing. Love em!
They should be eaten just for the nutritional value and all that vitamin c! :emoji_blush:
Not for sure on what we will be making...I know it will be coffee in the morning and drinks in the evening. Pretty sure some ground round and onions will happen as well...always does!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky