wanted cabbage roll sausage receipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
born2shoot born2shoot

Here is one that I use which was also featured on the carousel. You can use any meat you desire for the filing.

Enjoy,

John

born2shoot born2shoot

Here is one that I use which was also featured on the carousel. You can use any meat you desire for the filing.

Enjoy,

John

thanks but.looking for an actually sausage receipe with the cabbage roll stuff inside the sausage

Sorry I don't have an exact recipe. My wife is Czech and I'm 1/2 Polish. Here are some tips. Parboil your cabbage head to soften the leaves, cut out the core before you boil. Trim the vein if needed. This makes the leaves plyable. 3 -4 parts ground beef to 1 part mild pork sausage (Bob Evan's, Jimmy dean) Parboil rice you judge how much. We put 1 1/2 cooked rice to 5 pounds of meat. We don't cook the meat, season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, 1 egg, 1 sauted medium onion with garlic. Stuff and roll up in cabbage. We place them in a deep roaster, add sliced carrots, sauerkraut, bacon in layers. Condensed tomato soup using 1/2 the water. We also add fresh tomatoes when in season. Bake covered for 1.5 to 2 hours. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes to crisp up the top.
I like it with smashed taters or buttered bread.
Hope this helps, enjoy!
RG
IMG_2210.jpg 20200819_180841.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky