Polish Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WstTxSmokes

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
After three disasters I decided to take a month off at least from sausage.. 5 days later I’m back at it! I’m pretty sure I figured out my issues… I wasn’t using any digital meat thermometers and was running at least 25 degrees hotter! I’m an idiot. Also bought some bulk hog casings from the sausage maker, they are amazing compared to what I was using, silky smooth. I’m working on a polish sausage from the marinating book.

Attachments

• IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5823.jpeg
    IMG_5823.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5825.jpeg
    IMG_5825.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 31
After three disasters I decided to take a month off at least from sausage.. 5 days later I’m back at it! I’m pretty sure I figured out my issues… I wasn’t using any digital meat thermometers and was running at least 25 degrees hotter! I’m an idiot. Also bought some bulk hog casings from the sausage maker, they are amazing compared to what I was using, silky smooth. I’m working on a polish sausage from the marinating book.
Marinski book

I expect auto correct got you and you meant Marianski book, and those sausages look good from here.

Don't knock yourself too hard, we learn mostly by fixing what we did wrong last time.
Yep. Thanks

The casing feel so much better and dry. I wonder if that helped too? Using better casings

Reactions: JLeonard
Final thoughts for myself. Be sure meat is super cold and blade is sharp (I bought a replacement), use a digital thermo, spices go a long way ( I think I’ve been over spicing), finally buy a high quality hot casing.

Looks good to me, definitely lots of guys that are killer at sausage in here. I'm certain they could answer any questions, one might have.

Those look fantastic! I've had a few good batches of sausages and a few not so good. The important part is that you learn from it and move on.

W WstTxSmokes

MAN!!!!!!!!! I'm still learning the rules of this forum, but I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to brag without a recipe!!!!!!!!!

Hook us up, brother!
you want recipes..... here you go... i also have a few links in my signature

len poli website is awseome http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage recipes.htm
and marinski website https://www.meatsandsausages.com/

recipe on p 235 of 1001 great sausage recipes but i added a few more spices:

amounts are per kilo
salt : 18g
cure #1: 2.5g
white pepper: 3g
marjoram: .5g (powder)
garlic: 3.5g (powder)
mustard: 2g
black course pepper: 3g (i like the look of it in sausage)
chili powder: 1g

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky