My Kielbasa Quest begins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oops, I missed this one.
Outstanding. Congrats on the feature on the carousel.

For the heavier garlic taste try using varying sized pieces plus granulated garlic.
In Italian sausage, I use whole, crushed, and ground fennel seed.
To ramp up the garlic flavor and keep it tasting good, I use roasted garlic cloves and run them through a garlic press. Fresh garlic once applied in a high amount, to me, tastes almost chemical. But roasted then pressed is just pure garlic heaven.

To ramp up the garlic flavor and keep it tasting good, I use roasted garlic cloves and run them through a garlic press. Fresh garlic once applied in a high amount, to me, tastes almost chemical. But roasted then pressed is just pure garlic heaven.
That makes sense. I don't use garlic in the sausage I make for my wife's (German) taste.
For general cooking I do saute the garlic in the meal.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
That makes sense. I don't use garlic in the sausage I make for my wife's (German) taste.
For general cooking I do saute the garlic in the meal.
Garlic is interesting. Roasted it’s an entirely different animal than fresh, or dried or granulated. A roasted garlic bulb can be eaten as is on the plate, but as fresh maybe not so much the same, something really good happens to garlic when cooked or roasted. That’s why I use that in garlic forward sausage. Rank and file sausage I’ll just use fresh minced or granulated, but to get a good garlic taste in a sausage I always roast the garlic first, then press it not mince it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky