Tumbled drums and thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That chicken looks spectacular. I would have about a half dozen or so. :emoji_wink:

Thank you. I wish I had cooked up more than I originally did. They're going fast.

I was going to second that color but I see I’d be the fourth or fifth one to mention it. It’s almost mahogany. It’s great when you can taste it by what it looks like. Nice work.

Thank you, Sven. Mahogany is a good way to describe the flavor on these. No sauce was needed at all including the left overs.

Gorgeous! That is so cool! Mmmm, making me drool!

Thanks Jed! Like just about anything cooked on a rotisserie, it's the closest to set it and forget it.

Man that color on the chicken is amazing!! The basket is super cool.

Thanks Jeff. My wife said my eyes lit up like a kid's eyes on Christmas when we found that basket. It will see more use in the future. Dang thing is solidly made too.

Fantastic cook Stu, the color on that yardbird is off the charts, you deserved another leg on your plate for all that work! Your kettle looks to be so clean I'm almost inspired to take a bucket of soapy water to my two. The 26er doesn't stay that clean and it's stored in a shed! RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Fantastic cook Stu, the color on that yardbird is off the charts, you deserved another leg on your plate for all that work! Your kettle looks to be so clean I'm almost inspired to take a bucket of soapy water to my two. The 26er doesn't stay that clean and it's stored in a shed! RAY

Ray,
Thanks amigo, much appreciated. Heck, the kettle did all the hard work, not me. :emoji_laughing:
I keep the kettle covered when not in use and I store the rotisserie ring in the shed. I also give the outside of the kettle a good wipe down after every couple of cooks.
I promised Merideth that I wouldn't abuse the kettle like I did the old Silver B that is in my avatar.

Stu

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray,
Thanks amigo, much appreciated. Heck, the kettle did all the hard work, not me. :emoji_laughing:
I keep the kettle covered when not in use and I store the rotisserie ring in the shed. I also give the outside of the kettle a good wipe down after every couple of cooks.
I promised Merideth that I wouldn't abuse the kettle like I did the old Silver B that is in my avatar.

Stu
I washed my kettle out after the first 3 cooks and took auto detail spray the other day to the side tables...lol. I keep this thing in the shed after each use which is kind of funny as I only spent $175 on it meanwhile my gasser and camp chef griddle stay outside all the time.

I washed my kettle out after the first 3 cooks and took auto detail spray the other day to the side tables...lol. I keep this thing in the shed after each use which is kind of funny as I only spent $175 on it meanwhile my gasser and camp chef griddle stay outside all the time.

The old Silver B was never covered and hardly ever cleaned which took a toll on it over the years. Plus, I beat that thing like a rented mule. I never heard the end of that either.
So when we purchased the EP-330 gasser, a cover was a must. Same with the kettle along with the promise to take better care of these grills.
For the kettle, I always clean out the ashes the following morning and even use a brush to clean out the bottom of the bowl and the vanes. The drip pan gets washed too. I've washed out the interior only once.

The old Silver B was never covered and hardly ever cleaned which took a toll on it over the years. Plus, I beat that thing like a rented mule. I never heard the end of that either.
So when we purchased the EP-330 gasser, a cover was a must. Same with the kettle along with the promise to take better care of these grills.
For the kettle, I always clean out the ashes the following morning and even use a brush to clean out the bottom of the bowl and the vanes. The drip pan gets washed too. I've washed out the interior only once.
I don't like using covers at home the earwig bugs love to hide under them in droves and it really creaps me out to see them running all over right before I am about to do a cook. That is why my gassers are not a higher end and the camp chef griddle....well... I just don't like it nearly enough as my Blackstone I have in PA
1648579783499.png

I don't like using covers at home the earwig bugs love to hide under them in droves and it really creaps me out to see them running all over right before I am about to do a cook. That is why my gassers are not a higher end and the camp chef griddle....well... I just don't like it nearly enough as my Blackstone I have in PA
View attachment 627559

Yikes!
I don't see too many earwigs down here thanks to the lizard population. However, folks down here say to not use covers on grills because of the rattlesnakes, pack rats, and mice.
I keep a plastic shipping flat under the gasser to discourage the rattlers from napping underneath it during the summer.

• Wow
Reactions: clifish
Yikes!
I don't see too many earwigs down here thanks to the lizard population. However, folks down here say to not use covers on grills because of the rattlesnakes, pack rats, and mice.
I keep a plastic shipping flat under the gasser to discourage the rattlers from napping underneath it during the summer.
OK, you win! I don't think I could step outside there and cook, don't you also have scorpions? They say we have copperheads and black widow spiders here but I have never seen one.

OK, you win! I don't think I could step outside there and cook, don't you also have scorpions? They say we have copperheads and black widow spiders here but I have never seen one.
Oh, we have an abundant supply of scorpions, black widows, and centipedes. But monthly spraying keeps them under control. I only got stung once on the foot while out in the garage. If a scorpion or centipede does venture into the screened in patio, then the cats make quick work of it. Hell, they were tormenting a baby gopher snake that had found its way into the patio a couple nights ago. Of course, I rescued the little guy because when it becomes an adult it will go for mice, pack rats, and rattlesnakes.
Oh, and cooking during the daylight is safe. It is the nighttime that is risky.
Luckily, our fire department will come out and wrangle any rattlesnakes that show up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky