Carolina white sauce drums

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IH 1026

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 4, 2018
Central PA, Lebanon County
Started off with some run of the mill chicken drums... put them in a bag with Dukes Mayo and some spices, then on to the Kettle with a few hickory chunks.

Just a sauce I picked off the interwebs, but, dang it was good. Smoked the drums till they were around 170 internal, then flipped and basted with the Carolina white sauce.. then seared over hot coals.

Last edited:
First time making white sauce... but Peachey said it was good stuff, so, I had to try it out.
1 cup Mayo (Duke's)
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Yellow, and Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp hot sauce
4 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
a few splashes of Worchestershire sauce
dash or 2 of Cayanne

All ingredients were thrown together in a small bowl, and mixed with a small spoon.

ETA.. I marinated these drums for about 2 hours in mayo, and Nashville hot seasoning I found on Amazon.

ETA2.. I had little patience when I made these, and scalded my mouth with the first drum. Let them cool for a little while, and don't make my mistake.

Last edited:
Look good IH, Never tried a white sauce before. That will change in the near future

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: IH 1026
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky