Porketta sheet ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
Had a day off figured I'd make supper for my wife. Had some sheet ribs in the freezer but wanted something different then my usual rub,so porketta ribs it is, with some Carolina mustard sauce for dipping. On to the pitboss at 280. Got done a little sooner then I thought so I had to try a piece before she got home. Thanks for looking.
20240207_141116.jpg
20240207_135940.jpg

Looks great! Ill admit I don't know what sheet ribs are. Love to hear more about your spice rub too
Thank you sir. They're just spare ribs, guess it's what we call them around here. The rub is 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, 1/8 cup garlic salt, 1/4 cup fennel seed(I usually use a little more) 1/2 to 3/4 cup of dill weed. You can use this on anything from deer meat to beef.

Looks good enuff to eat, pass me a bib.

I too didn't have a clue what ya were calling sheet ribs, but gotcha now.
Was wondering about the porketta (Porchetta) label too, but now see its your seasoning mix.

I love porchetta and the flavor profile should be good on any pork.

Last edited:
Thank you sir. They're just spare ribs, guess it's what we call them around here. The rub is 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, 1/8 cup garlic salt, 1/4 cup fennel seed(I usually use a little more) 1/2 to 3/4 cup of dill weed. You can use this on anything from deer meat to beef.
That sounds delicious! Huge fan of both fennel and dill.

Looks good snuff to eat, pass me a bib.

I too didn't have a clue what ya werecall8ng sheet ribs, but gotcha now.
Was wondering about the porketta (Porchetta) label too, but now see itsyour seasoning mix.

I love porchetta and the flavor profile should be good on any pork.
Thanks for the compliment. I usually make pork butt roast with it but thought I'd throw it some ribs, it's really good on anything.

Looks great , and if ready here before wife got home , I might have ate it all,
and just made her some soup and sandwich . And said sorry honey was busy that is all I could whip up today, lol " burp "

David
Thanks David , I can try your idea next time but I think she might wonder why I'm not eating soup and sandwich

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky