Tried chicken quarters today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Silver79

Original poster
Jan 9, 2018
Wisconsin
First time doing chicken quarters. I also did a pork shoulder and 2 carp fillets. Used pelletized apple chips on the charcoal, had some issues with temp regulation early on but got it under control by starting charcoal in chimney before adding. Pork finished in crockpot due to time issues but tastes good and smokey.
First smoke with the fancy pole barn leftover steel on the smoker looks better this way.

Almost time to eat. Gotta go :)

Silver, a remarkable rig and what you’re producing looks delicious! Thanks for posting. Like! B

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Moto, the aluminum cabinet was being used for janitorial storage at work. When they got rid of it I took it into my shop and added a few racks and some 2 " exhaust pipe I had laying around. I cut some 1/8" 1018 mild steel into flaps that cover the intake and exhaust for damping. Then I firred out the walls with 2x2's and some old r-13 mineral wool. I covered the whole thing in 1/2 o.s.b. and finally wrapped with steel siding. Everything I have into it is scrap or leftovers except the Amazon door latch. Some neat features of the ribbed sides are that the racks including the firebox rack can be moved to any configuration. Internal dimensions 16" wide, 24" deep and about 6' tall. Lots of room for a whole venison leg, sausages, 3 whole turkeys or fish.

Nice looking chicken thighs and what a great way to repurpose an old cabinet.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky