Labor Day Throwdown Voting Poll....Finally (Edited: Please Read)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pick Your Favorite "Anything Goes" Entry

• #1) Skewered Picanha, Brazilian salad and cheesy bread balls

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • #2) My first brined and smoked turkey

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • #3) It is street tacos with smoked pulled pork, a creole slaw, a roasted tomatillo salsa, red onions

• #4) Worcestershire basted smoked beef back ribs, Jeff’s original rub grilled wings

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • #5) Soul Food: 6 hour Fall off the bone Smoked and Braised Oxtail with Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potato

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • #6) Here's my plan B. Concept was to make a round taco for a picnic. Meat is 50/50 ground sirloin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #8) Slow Smoked Glazed Boneless Pork Belly "Ribs" with creamy parmesan and BBB pasta salad.

• #9) Venison and Wild Hog Braciole Fattie with Wild Hog Capicola

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • #10)Smoked beef shanks and smoked beans and potatoes

• #11) Cherry smoked salmon, angel hair pasta with a homemade Alfredo sauce

• #12) Greek style grilled shrimp and corn with marinated mushrooms and garden fresh tomato

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • #13) Hatch chile brined tri-tip with roasted vegetables

• #14) I have made a maple cured belly pork and a Texas style rubbed pork butt.

• #15) Apple-smoked chicken halves, herb-brined, rubbed, and glazed with a thinned BBQ sauce to finish

• #16) I did Firehouse quarters on the Kettle with a little applwood.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • #17) Smoked brisket point burnt ends, smoked sausage, southwest smoked queso

• #18) Guinness Beer Injected Brisket with Southern Mustard Potato Salad and Roasted Okra.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, what great looking entries. My photo's (entry #7) don't really do that dinner justice as the dinner was amazing. The smoked jalapeño cheddar sausage wrapped with my home-cured cajun beef bacon was probably our favorite, followed by the smoked Hatch Green Chile & beef bacon mac & cheese, and then the beef ribs. That all being said, like a friend of mine says, you should "Eat dessert first, because life is uncertain!" as that Smoked Bourbon Peach Cobbler was amazing!!! :emoji_yum:

Axis deer isn't gamey at all, flavor was good, but it is pretty lean so I think I'll stick to using it in my New Mexico green chile stew.

Sorry snakehead snakehead but since you revealed which entry is yours before the judging is complete and announced in the public forum. I'm afraid I'm going to have to disqualify your entry. The TDs are totally anonymous to everyone even the judges. Only Robert tx smoker tx smoker knows who entered what photo.This is done to give everyone a fair and equitable chance at winning. We want to eliminate the chances of someone winning based on their popularity in the forum instead of their actual entry. Again sorry I have to do this, and I hope it doesn't stop you from entering future TDs.
If you have any questions. Please feel free to contact either Robert or myself.

Chris

• Sad
Reactions: snakehead
Sorry snakehead snakehead but since you revealed which entry is yours before the judging is complete and announced in the public forum. I'm afraid I'm going to have to disqualify your entry. The TDs are totally anonymous to everyone even the judges. Only Robert tx smoker tx smoker knows who entered what photo.This is done to give everyone a fair and equitable chance at winning. We want to eliminate the chances of someone winning based on their popularity in the forum instead of their actual entry. Again sorry I have to do this, and I hope it doesn't stop you from entering future TDs.
If you have any questions. Please feel free to contact either Robert or myself.

Chris
My bad, I screwed up and totally understand.

My bad, I screwed up and totally understand.
If it any consolation. I really liked the sound/looks of the sausage wrapped in the beef bacon, and I think you did a great job presenting everything.

Chris

Reactions: snakehead
****UPDATE****

Unfortunately choice #7 has been disqualified from the Labor day throw-down for revealing their identity in the open forum. This against the TD rules and therefore I had to DQ the entry. The forum administration has at my request removed choice #7 from the voting poll to prevent choice #7 from receiving additional votes, and also made it possible for anyone who previously voted for choice #7 to recast their vote for another selection. I'm saddened that I had to make this decision, but we want to keep our throw-downs as fair as possible. I hope you all understand.

So if you previously cast your vote for #7 please recast it for another one of our wonderful entries.

Thanks you for understanding, and if anyone has any questions regarding my decision please feel free to ask me either thru PM or here.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Well that wasn't easy. Deciding amongst all the great entries is definitely a challenge. Kudo's to each one of you. My vote is finally cast, let's get with it people and place your vote.

1695132738754.png

Lets show our fellow SMF family members some support!!!

Chris

I finally cast my vote. Took a lot o scrolling and debating to get it done. Now we gotta wait on the cook posts.....There is a couple that I want to Borrow (steal) their methods.

Jim
I'm ready to place my meal order as well... maybe should say meal orders!

Ryan

Dang tough decision. Fifth time I've looked at this thread scrolling down and up looking,drooling and tryin to decide.
Kinda glad I don’t have a chance to change my mind ya'll didn't make this easy. LoL

My vote is in and it wasn't easy! Great job everybody 👏 you all did an awesome job. Can't wait to find out more about these cooks.

Reactions: gmc2003
Today is the last day. At
1695465383626.png

the polls will be closed. Show your support

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky