Bodacious Bones Voting Poll #1 (Everybody Vote)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Your Favorite in Group #1?

• #1) Posole spare ribs on the Kamado Joe

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • #2) Beef short rib and beef back rib with twice smoked potato, cowboy caviar and hog nuts appetizer

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • #3) Twin racks of pork ribs, spicy and sweet. Beef ribs from a ribroast and English cut beef ribs

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • #4) Pork spare ribs - s&p, sauced, rested, sliced. Also Texas twinkies as an appetizer

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • #5) Smoked whole beef short ribs with smoked mac & cheese, smoked banana pepper poppers

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • #6) Smoked these Meaty Beef Back Ribs with three different seasonings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #7) Beef short ribs (spicy) and pork baby back ribs (sweet), with corn and tomato/cucumber salad

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • #8) McRib boneless St. Louis rib sandwich with a Korean Gochujang-pineapple BBQ sauce

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • #9) What a better way to enjoy a weekend than ribs by the lake. Cooked old school on a stick burner

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • #10) Calling these " basic backyard ribs " Smoked these over memorial day weekend

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • #11) 3/4 LB Servings , Smoked Rolled Beef Short Ribs, with Beef Stroganoff Sauce

Votes: 16 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
All I can say is WOW!! What an amazing array of entries and a record number of them. First off, a huge thanks to all the great folks who took the time putting together their entry and sending it in. The last couple TD's have been tough to pick a winner and this one is going to be even more difficult. Due to the large number of entrants we have decided to mix this one up a bit. In the Burger Brawl some of you mentioned that it would be nice if you were able to vote twice. Well, the committee listened and you're going to get that chance for this one. We are going to break the entries down into two different polls and every forum member will get to cast one vote in each of the two polls. Only one vote per poll though, not two votes in the same poll or for the same entry. There isn't a way to set that up. The two polls / two votes as of now is just for the first round of voting for this event. We will take the top eight entries from the two polls and post another voting thread to determine the winner's. In the second round to determine the winners, you'll get one vote, as has been the norm for these events. We will address this on an event to event basis going forward so please do not think (at least not yet) that getting to vote twice is going to become the norm. It just makes sense this time. A couple of other twists here so please pay close attention. First off you will not get to see the vote count until after you have cast your vote. Secondly you will not have the option to change your vote so please pay close attention to the entries and trust your instincts.

Now to the part everybody has been waiting for. Let the voting begin!!

#1) These pork spareribs were cut St. Louis style and smoked on my Kamado Joe using the seasoning I typically use for my New Mexico Red Chile Posole. I used the actual Posole sauce during the wrap phase of the smoke.
1689002940695.png

#2) Beef short rib and beef back rib with twice smoked potato, cowboy caviar and hog nuts as an appetizer!
1689021938380.png

#3) Twin racks of SLC pork spare ribs, one spicy one sweet. Beef ribs cut from a ribroast and English cut beef short ribs
1689022079679.png

#4) Pork spare ribs - s&p, sauced, rested, sliced, enjoyed (not pictured). also texas twinkies as an appetizer.
1689022406183.png

#5) Smoked whole beef short ribs with smoked mac & cheese, smoked banana pepper poppers filled with homemade chicken salad, grilled fresh zucchini and squash right out of my neighbor's garden, and some watermelon
1689022547028.png

#6) Smoked these Meaty Beef Back Ribs with three different seasonings: Jim Baldridge Secret Seasoning, Spiceology Salt, Pepper & Three Chiles and last but not least, the homemade BEEF rub from tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker himself! Smoked on the Camp Chef Woodwind PRO for 3 hours before being wrapped for another 2 hours - These ribs maintained supreme tenderness, had a nice smoke ring with deep, rich flavor. Served for Memorial Day, there was no better way to remember the fallen than with these American beef ribs.
1689022690117.png

#7) Beef short ribs (spicy) and pork baby back ribs (sweet), with fresh corn and tomato/cucumber salad.
1689023617599.png

#8) McRib boneless St. Louis rib sandwich with a Korean Gochujang-pineapple BBQ sauce, Asian Cucumber salad and Asian slaw.
1689023728012.png

#9) What a better way to enjoy a weekend than ribs by the lake. Cooked old school on a stick burner using oak and apple wood. 3 hours full smoke, 1 hour wrapped (with squeeze butter, apple habanero sauce and a touch of apple juice), sauced and about 45 minutes to set.
1689023844051.png

#10) Calling these " basic backyard ribs " Smoked these over memorial day weekend for the family on the Masterbuilt Gravity 560 ( did 4 racks, we all liked the looks of this one the best)
1689071424218.png

#11) 3/4 LB Servings , Smoked Rolled Beef Short Ribs, with Beef Stroganoff Sauce over Pappardelle Noodles and Glazed Baby Carrots
1689071615976.png

Well there ya have it. The first eleven entries to vote on. After you decide on one here, go ahead to the second poll and pick your favorite from that one also.

Robert

Attachments

• 1689024006872.png
    1689024006872.png
    783.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Who snuck in dog ribs?............last pic in attachments
Actually SMF snuck that one in there. I sure as heck didn't post it. That's my avatar pic and as many posts as I've made, this has never shown up as part of the thread before. Kinda weird...but good catch on your part :emoji_wink:

Robert

Actually SMF snuck that one in there. I sure as heck didn't post it. That's my avatar pic and as many posts as I've made, this has never shown up as part of the thread before. Kinda weird...but good catch on your part :emoji_wink:

Robert
Figured it was Bianca waiting on a test piece of ribs.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky