Bodacious Bones TD: Time To Vote For The Winners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Time To Pick The Winners

• #1) Beef short rib and beef back rib with twice smoked potato, cowboy caviar and hog nuts appetizer

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • #2) Beef short ribs (spicy) and pork baby back ribs (sweet), with corn and tomato/cucumber salad

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • #3) Calling these " basic backyard ribs " Smoked these over memorial day weekend

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • #4) 3/4 LB Servings , Smoked Rolled Beef Short Ribs, with Beef Stroganoff Sauce

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • #5) My 4th of July rib fest. 3 racks of Baby Backs on my CharGriller grand champ

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • #6) Memphis style dry baby backs smoked with pecan; with smoked potatoes, corn "ribs" and a rib-bon

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • #7) Candied baby back ribs with jalapeño cheddar cornbread chaffles “waffles”.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • #8) Deployment Dinner

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
As noted when the two 1st round polls were posted, we are going to take the top 8 scores from the first round of voting and have a run-off to determine the winners. Ladies and gentlemen, this was one tough TD to pick a favorite. So many amazing entries. Many thanks to all who participated, both in submitting entries and showing your support by voting. Let's see that support continue with the finale of the event and get those votes in please. Whew....I sure am glad I don't have to vote :emoji_laughing:

Without further adieu, here are the top 8 entries from the first voting polls.

#1) Beef short rib and beef back rib with twice smoked potato, cowboy caviar and hog nuts as an appetizer!
1689021938380-png.png

#2) Beef short ribs (spicy) and pork baby back ribs (sweet), with fresh corn and tomato/cucumber salad.
1689023617599-png.png

#3) Calling these " basic backyard ribs " Smoked these over memorial day weekend for the family on the Masterbuilt Gravity 560 ( did 4 racks, we all liked the looks of this one the best)
1689071424218-png.png

#4) 3/4 LB Servings , Smoked Rolled Beef Short Ribs, with Beef Stroganoff Sauce over Pappardelle Noodles and Glazed Baby Carrots
1689071615976-png.png

#5) My 4th of July rib fest. 3 racks of Baby Backs on my CharGriller grand champ. Little early because I have to work on the 4th. Best ribs I have ever made!! Hope I did this right? Smoked on Kiawe wood for 6.5hrs unwrapped
1689072778105-png.png

#6) Memphis style dry baby backs smoked with pecan; with smoked potatoes, corn "ribs" and a rib-bon salad.
1689073047896-png.png

#7) Candied baby back ribs with jalapeño cheddar cornbread chaffles “waffles”.
1689073129302-png.png

#8) Deployment Dinner – A slab of Individual Baby Back ribs coated all around with a cherry habanero rub and then wrapped in bacon before a second coat of my homemade rub was added for an additional layer of deliciousness and smoked with oak and apple. There is also an added bonus of three slabs of St Louis cut spare ribs coated in my homemade rub and smoked to perfection. All the ribs were lightly coated with sauce at the finish. A side of chopped salad with homemade Italian dressing and steamed corn on the cob tops off the meal. For dessert we enjoyed cherry dump cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream.
1689073350905-png.png

This poll will remain open for 7 days at which point we will announce the winners of both the forum voting poll and the judge's voting. For this one you will get one vote so make it count :emoji_wink: You will not be able to see the vote tally until after you have voted and once again, you'll not have the availability to change your vote once it's cast. Pay attention and trust your instincts. So much time and work has gone into this event...across the board with everybody involved, so please show your support to the entrants as well as us lowly committee members who have spent months of sleepless nights poring over this event :emoji_laughing: Well, that may be a bit of a stretch but this one has taken a bit more time than the others to date. Well, I'm done. Let's get those votes rolling in.

Robert

Now ya made it even harder to vote for just one Robert, guess I'll close my eyes and throw a dart. They're all top notch.

Reactions: JLeonard
Now ya made it even harder to vote for just one Robert, guess I'll close my eyes and throw a dart. They're all top notch.
Jim... can I borrow your dart when you're done with it?

Great entries that everyone submitted!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Come on folks. Let's get those votes in please. Support those who worked so hard to put their entries together and sent in for voting. They need to know y'all care :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Now ya made it even harder to vote for just one Robert
Whoa...time out now Jim. There's no way you can blame that dilemma on me. I had nothing to do with it buddy. None of the entries are mine and I didn't vote. Y'all have brought this on all by yourselves :emoji_laughing: I know what you mean though sir. Some really nice looking plates to choose from.

Robert

Well Jim, it should be easier. You only have to choose from the best of the best as all of you have deemed them with the first round of voting.

Robert
And that is what is making it so hard!! As you said....Best of the best!

Jim

Come on ladies and gentlemen!! Let's get those votes in. Got a couple that are running neck and neck. Need a bunch more of you to vote and see if we can get a spread between the top spots....or if we're gonna have a run-off again for the tie breaker :emoji_laughing:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky