Traeger Pellet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If your unit has the 3 position switch for heat (Low, Med, Hi), find a local dealer and buy the one that lets you dial in temp better. Other than that they are nice units, and you usually can't touch a new one for under $600!

Do not be skeptical. The Traeger cookers are some of the best on the market. If they weren't, they would never sell for the price they go for. They are relatively inexpensive to run, about $1.50 an hour. I would make a few recommendations. First, upgrade to the digital thermostat if it doesn't have one. I have the one with 225 as the lowest setting and love it. Second, do not burn anything but Traeger brand pellets. They are made especially for these cookers. Other brands have different consistencies and the pellets can be different sizes. I've ran into issues with the auger jamming. And third, keep it clean. Vaccum out the ash from the firepot and the belly of the smoker ever or every-other use. Otherwise the fan will kick up the ash and soot and can taint your food.

You will absolutely LOVE this cooker though.

That is one impressive steal...that's about what I paid for my Junior, the two step down model. Love it, but definitely go with the digital control.

He already has the digital, I have tried selling mine for $800.00 and I think that is cheap, you stole that thing
icon_wink.gif

If it comes to that, I'll take it off your hands if you're within 400 miles of Fargo...however, I think once you run through a couple times, you won't sell it for the world, for the convenience and the flavor. I have three racks of back ribs running on my Junior this a.m., with hickory pellets. 8 above, and it's holding temp beautifully.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky