Newb Looking @ Offsets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Izzyjoe

Original poster
Mar 24, 2024
I am in a unique situation where I will be returning to the states around October (Wyoming or Montana), been out of the country for the last 6 years. In that time, I have found a liking for bbq. I was using a small traeger for about 3 yrs then I went to a PK Texas which I still have. I know when I get back I plan on getting a few grills (LSG Santa Maria and maybe LSG Pellet grill)...I have had my heart set on the WorkHorse Pit 1975, and I have watched every youtube video I can find about the freaking thing, and I actually like it (cowboy grill and the thickness). However I stumbled onto the videos for the TMG pits, and I love those as well especially the fact that you can customize as you see fit and they will accommodate, plus I really like the shape of the copperhead. Which one would you get if you had the option? I am the buy ones cry ones type....and I am in a good situation to be able to get it....Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated just so I can make the right choice the first time...Trying to get these not cause am going to be a BBQ pit master or be in competitions, these are strictly just for my enjoyment....

Reactions: JLeonard
If you’re looking at offsets I would take a look at HBT Smokers. I bought their Deluxe model a few years ago and have been very happy with that decision. They will do any modification you might want, for example I didn’t like the 1/4” diamond plate so they made mine out of 1/4” rolled steel, no extra charge.
It’s a very well built smoker.
Gordon

I don't have a dog in this fight, sold my SQ36 offset last year. If I was ever in the market I'd get that WorkHorse Pit 1975 and call it good, they look pretty fine to me. RAY

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Wasn't someone selling a Lang out that way not too long ago?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky