SV Gizzards and Hearts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Every Giant grocery store around me in the poultry cooler has packs of gizzards and hearts for about $1.50 a pound.

If you can't find them let me know and the next nice Saturday I'll deliver you 5 or 10 pounds. It'll give me somewhere to ride.

I will check giant here. And let you know

Same here. I like to eat them but finding them can be a challenge. One of the tastiest Hearts I ever had was a happy accident. I was using a whole Chicken to make Soup. I had the Heart, Gizzard and Liver set aside for the dogs. A pan with Hamburger Grease was on the stove from lunch, so rather than getting another pan I heated that pan. I cut the Heart, Gizzard and Liver in half and fried them until just until just slightly pink. They smelled Great! I hit them with salt and pepper and took a taste. The Gizzard was still tough but the Liver was tender. The Heart? The Heart was out of this World delicious! Tender,Juicy and a fabulous flavor. Had to be the Beef Fat that made it that tasty. If I can find Hearts I will plan to make Burgers the day before and repeat the process...JJ

Someone Say Gizzards!!!

IMG_2409.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky