• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Decided that it was time to fire up the Kettle and Vortex. The Mrs. wanted Chicken Breast, so my first time with Chicken Breasts on the Vortex.

Chicken 9.jpg

Decided to inject the breasts with some of our Homemade Chicken Stock with a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
Then let them rest in the fridge for a few hours.

Chicken 11.jpg

Dusted them up with some Dirty Bird and back into the fridge

Chicken 10.jpg

Dressed up some chicken thighs with SPGO after air drying them in the fridge

Chicken 3.jpg

Onto the Kettle, along with some thighs
Added some cherry and pecan wood to the top of the vortex

Chicken 5.jpg

Ready to come off

Chicken 8.jpg

Chicken 7.jpg

Chicken 2.jpg

added some grilled veggies and corn (cooked on the gasser) and my wife's fresh pasta.

It all turned out really good. The skin on the thigh was crispy and the meat had a light smoke flavor and oh so juicy. The Breast turned out so good, I really think the injection help keep them super moist.

Thanks for lookin!

- Jason

I'm kinda out of order here Jason having replied to the chicken salad thread first, but that chicken is absolutely superb!! What gorgeous color and based on your summary it was perfectly cooked. doesn't get any better than that.

Robert

Reactions: millerbuilds
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nailed it!
Thanks!
Nice Job! That is some good looking chicken.
Thank you!
I'm kinda out of order here Jason having replied to the chicken salad thread first, but that chicken is absolutely superb!! What gorgeous color and based on your summary it was perfectly cooked. doesn't get any better than that.

Robert
Robert, it was and we had too much, so whipped up the Chicken Salad for a couple of lunches this week.
Love grilled chicken & that meal looks delicious!
That grate is killer too, gonna check out the link!
Al
Thanks Al!
Just checked the link, very cool stuff, but I wonder how Marty, ie., Vortex inventor will think about the name!
Al
Marty / Vortex makes them. Vortex does not sell to consumers via their website only to dealers/retailers. He shows the grates on his website: https://vortexbbq.com/about/

Thanks,
Jason

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That's some awesome looking chicken! Gotta love that using the vortex! Now, off to find your chicken salad thread...takes a vacation to have time to read all these great posts!

Ryan

Reactions: millerbuilds
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky