Some of us will die.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yep. I've been reading a book on depression (for a family member
icon_rolleyes.gif
) and it's all about trying to beat depression without the use of drugs.

Anyhow, a large part of the book is about how our food (technologically speaking) has advanced more rapidly advanced than our bodies can handle. I know this is off-topic from charred meat. But one of the things that they really talk about it is how most of our meat sources these days that are farm raised are fed grain. Versus the hunter-gatherer days when everything was grass fed. The meat then had more Omega-3 oils in them.

So I guess how I'm trying to tie this in is by saying that our bodies are constantly evolving, but at a much, much slower pace than how we're trying to force them too. Our ancestors in the hunter-gatherer times, ate meat and they cooked most of it over an open flame.

I'm no doctor, but I'd guess that eating charred or smoked meat every single day probably isn't good for you. So eat it in moderation and get plenty of sleep, exersize, and have a good social life, and you'll be fine. Oh yeah, eat more fish too. Fresh, non-farm raised on grain food fish, is supposed to be a key factor too.

I know it's something lots of people wrestle with, so I thought I throw that out there.

Well written dude.Moderation for sure.Smoking meat is my splurge.I have eaten fast food twice in 5 years and really eat tons of fresh organic produce from my garden...

The way we raise most meat in this country is absurd.I take pure fish oil gel tabs twice a day myself.

Seems in these warning there is always a ulterior motive.Smoke on Folks....

I look at it like this, when your number comes up you are out of here! I have been lucky several times and it hasn't been my turn yet, when it is, I'll still be eating and drinking what I want and doing what I feel like!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

well I don't think saying "well we'll all die someday" is the right way to think about it...you have to live healthy..not that I'm one to talk with my alcohol and meat intake but still there is no reason to die young if you don't have to.

everyone knows meat is bad for you when you eat too much of it...too much of anything is bad..take everything in moderation

If I die from grilled/smoked meat just imagine the

SMILE

I'll have on my face.

i will give up my burnt ends and chared meats when the pry the tongs from my cold dead hands
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Scott..you trouble maker....
tongue.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
I'm not going to die, I'm going up in a puff of smoke.
With a good south wind, I'll pass over your place a couple hours later.
biggrin.gif

I've called a trouble maker before....but i was sitting in a court room. LOL. Looks as if we are going to die with a smile and a little smoke coming out of the ears!! I'm good with that.
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
:icon_sm ile:
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
:PD T_Armataz_01_34:
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
You have all made me feel soooooooo much better. I thank you. Jeanie, please put some smoke in a jar for your profile pic so we can see you.!!

Well come and get me charred edges. I already quit smoking cigs, eating chips and dip, drinking. They can take me away to that giant smoker in the sky after they pry my smoked ringed fingers from around that pork butt.
--ray--

I know. But being laid off, I had to cut alot of corners to save some bucks. The only problem is Anheiser Busch laid off second shift when I stopped. So actually, I hurt more than I helped I think.
--ray--

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky