Tri-tip On The Napoleon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
Mind you, The Better 9/10ths and I have been in Florida on an extended stay for a two-fold purpose. The first was to go sailing for a while. The plan was sell the house and sail for a couple of years. Well, my back issues (thank you. USAF) has put a screeching halt to those plans. My immediate future includes a neurosurgeon.

The other was/is my mother-in-law. She has cancer.

So, we're selling the boat, no-one is buying homes in Doniphan MO at whatever the percentage rate got to be, and, most importantly, God said, "Go home".

Today we started to bring our belongings to the house from storage, and that included my gas grill (which I have surely missed)! So, in honor of it being home, I fired it up to do a reverse sear on a tri-tip!

A little trimming of some fat an silver skin and we went from this...
1000012849.jpg

To this.
1000012850.jpg

Next, one of my favorite rubs...
20240129_165832.jpg

Left side hot, right side not...
20240129_170513.jpg

A bit over 1.5 hours later it's at 120 F and ready for the sear to 135 F, and then slicing!
20240129_190734.jpg

The better 9/10ths made us some really good cheese ravioli (with her ricotta) and a parmesan sauce. Just add beef and homemade sourdough bread!
20240129_191315.jpg

Tomorrow the Kamado Joe comes home!

Looks delicious ! Enjoy getting the rest of your stuff back home. Wish you the best with your back and your MIL with her surgery!

Ryan

Reactions: mr mac
Mind you, The Better 9/10ths and I have been in Florida on an extended stay for a two-fold purpose. The first was to go sailing for a while. The plan was sell the house and sail for a couple of years. Well, my back issues (thank you. USAF) has put a screeching halt to those plans. My immediate future includes a neurosurgeon.

The other was/is my mother-in-law. She has cancer.

So, we're selling the boat, no-one is buying homes in Doniphan MO at whatever the percentage rate got to be, and, most importantly, God said, "Go home".

Today we started to bring our belongings to the house from storage, and that included my gas grill (which I have surely missed)! So, in honor of it being home, I fired it up to do a reverse sear on a tri-tip!

A little trimming of some fat an silver skin and we went from this...
View attachment 687204

To this.
View attachment 687205

Next, one of my favorite rubs...
View attachment 687225

Left side hot, right side not...
View attachment 687226

A bit over 1.5 hours later it's at 120 F and ready for the sear to 135 F, and then slicing!
View attachment 687227

The better 9/10ths made us some really good cheese ravioli (with her ricotta) and a parmesan sauce. Just add beef and homemade sourdough bread!
View attachment 687228

Tomorrow the Kamado Joe comes home!
cheers to Napoleons

napoleon small.jpg
napoleon small.jpg

Reactions: mr mac
Good looking tri tip. And the cheese ravioli ....Chef kiss! Sorry to hear about the changes in plans. And the health issues for you and the MIL.

Jim

Life has a way of changing our plans but that meal certainly looks great!
Prayers for the family changes and you MIL !

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky