Some of us will die.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

waysideranch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2008
Kansas
Just heard on the TV that those of us who smoke, sear and grill our meat with charred edges and such will die of cancer. Seems like every year around X-mas the come out with this data. Guess i will be dieing very soon.
icon_mad.gif

They've been coming up with that c r a p for years! I'm dead already, but don't bury me just yet.
biggrin.gif

not if you cure it with yoshida's first.

Well, I didn't die from a bayonet, I didn't die from a bullet, I haven't died from a car nor airplane wreck, so I might as well pick my way of movin' on as "grilled meat cancer".

Come an' get me you mealy-eyed, toasted-looking, grim-reaper-man! I'm ready for you~ Have a taste of my brisket, 'for we go.......that might slow things down a little...'cause I'm just not quite ready, if you know what I mean...
icon_twisted.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Everyone dies, it's just a question of when and how and if it is by your wife or someones husband...
icon_mrgreen.gif

WOW, I just hope they don't add swearing, drinking beer, hunting and fishing to the list.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

But who cares, they are full of S++t anyway. I am not gonna quit any of it.
biggrin.gif

Wrong title.....ALL of us will die..lol....some sooner then others

Don't breath the air it's poluted, don't drink the water it's poluted, don't eat this it causes cancer, don't do that it causes this, what the sam hill is the use a livin? Everthin in moderation is fine, wel cept maybe the air, I recommend as much a that as ya can get!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I hear that dieing is a chronic problem for humans apparently has a 100% inclusion rate.

I thought I was going to be a gonner with all that global warming going on...Oh wait, that's a bunch of BS too!

I think I'm gonna go char some animal flesh for dinner.

I've heard that if you cook your meat in a smoker with a water pan that it reduces the 'risk' associated with the carcinogens from burning animal fat. In kalifornia just about every restaurant you go to has a prop65 warning that the food they are serving you may cause cancer. But since the warnings are everywhere, you stop caring about them.

My cousin is one of those all natural vegan person and I've had his cooking, its terrible! he made us all natural chocolates and no lie, the darn things taste just like what acetone smells like. I think I'll take my chances with meat, our bodies are built to eat meat, right?

I lived on an Isolated island for 10 years during my stint in the Coastguard. After being around just the service personnel on the restricted island I was exposed to no outsiders usually for about a year at a time. I went out on annual leave only once per year. As soon as I hit the big city Vancouver I caught every cough cold and flu bug that was going around. We all did. So much so that the government finally allowed us an extra 2 weeks per year of leave to compensate.

Your immune system needs to be under constant attack to remain vigilant to these things. That is one of the purposes of burnt ends. To keep my system on the alert.

Besides the carcenogens they speak of are caused by billowing white smoke and we only use thin blue smoke.

I'd rather eat meat and quit breathing CA air, thats why I moved 15 years ago. So..hows the fishing and hunting there? Ya still can do that, right?
icon_mrgreen.gif

Eating BBQ is going to kill me ?
Hell; I live in cancer alley . South louisiana has more cancer than most anywhere else in the USA. Everything we drink ,eat or grow is supposidly contaminated by all the refinerys and chemical plants here.
Don't think i'll let a little charred meat bother me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky